PDA

View Full Version : G73Sw-XTI needs some replacement parts

TeRmInAsHuNaToR
04-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Hello all,
My G73 is 2 years old now and it's warranty is all over, and at this point in it's life several parts have worn out and I'm contemplating replacing the parts, but I do not know where to get them. The parts I need in order of importance are as follows.
---
GPU Fan - Often stops working, always making a chatter - clicking noise.
CPU Fan - Same ^
Keyboard - Old one's esc key circuit board tore, was getting random stuck keys, electrical shorting out from spills
Battery - 75wh 14.8v Li-Ion battery, this one has faulty AHCI and dies prematurely.'
Power Brick - The cable kinked one, it's in working order but it's zip-tied in place.
Blu-Ray drive - mine has been replaced once before, drive shows up, but does not read any disc
---
Disappointing thing is this is a desk laptop; very rarely is moved and I'm nearly regretting my purchased due to the "3" RMAs, Power Jack, Keyboard died, and GPU / CPU repasting, with the latter leaving the PCB Utterly CAKED with "frosting" aka thermal paste, leaving it a dust magnet.

I'm nearly contemplating taking a dremel to the chassis and install some vents for better airflow and making this a all in one desktop. =\ Which would defeat the purpose of a laptop.

Muratus
04-16-2013, 11:11 PM
I have parted out several G73JH's and G73SW's, TeRmInAsHuNaToR. I have all those parts that you listed but the Blu-Ray. I do have another DVD/CD from a SW if you'd be interested in that.

I sell allot of the G73 parts on eBay, if you want I can setup a auction with your parts list, just for you.

TeRmInAsHuNaToR
04-17-2013, 10:56 AM
I want to mod the chassis some for additional cooling. It doesn't have to be that portable, but I don't want the fans going out again. Any suggestions? I rarely let my 460M get over 70*c, but i still worry the fans are stressed out

Muratus
04-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Have you seen this thread. Might give you some idea's. Though 70c isn't really anything to worry about.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/649525-g73jh-cooling-mods.html

TeRmInAsHuNaToR
11-01-2013, 05:03 PM
I am in need of a new 1080p screen. Had a cat/gravity/warmlaptop incident which caused the premature death of my screen. If anyone knows a place to get a replacement, hopefully at a steep discount, I'd really, really appreciate it. Can be used, mildly flawed, but i need something for my school work.

TeRmInAsHuNaToR
11-03-2013, 05:15 AM
Bump, can anyone help me out? I'd love to have this laptop working again.

shamakh
12-06-2013, 08:13 PM
I have a G73sw3d and my graphic card driver is causing my pc to crash and the screen also starts flickering however when I remove the nividia driver and run the pc with windows driver the computer is stable. I believe that the graphic card is faulty and needs replacement. I have looked on the internet and found a few places where I can get the graphic card in a working but used state and also one new is available my question is that are all the gtx460m chips of same size and layout even if they come from Dell M17x also if there is any alternate to this graphic card that is compatible with Nividia 3d and my laptop and is a direct replacement. I do not play any games on my laptop but I do like to watch some 3d films oceasionaly. Please anybody let me know what my options are as my system is out of warranty. Many thanks in advance.

TeRmInAsHuNaToR
01-27-2014, 01:32 AM
I have a G73sw3d and my graphic card driver is causing my pc to crash and the screen also starts flickering however when I remove the nividia driver and run the pc with windows driver the computer is stable. I believe that the graphic card is faulty and needs replacement. I have looked on the internet and found a few places where I can get the graphic card in a working but used state and also one new is available my question is that are all the gtx460m chips of same size and layout even if they come from Dell M17x also if there is any alternate to this graphic card that is compatible with Nividia 3d and my laptop and is a direct replacement. I do not play any games on my laptop but I do like to watch some 3d films oceasionaly. Please anybody let me know what my options are as my system is out of warranty. Many thanks in advance.
Asus GPUs are wired backwards, if you get a Dell one, it will break something. It won't physically fit.