PDA

View Full Version : G75V Motherboard

Guido7142
04-16-2013, 10:40 PM
Hi there, I am with a bricked G75VW-BBK5 and I have no way of bringing it back so I will be buying a new mobo for the notebook. My question is, in my mobo there is a sticker that says 60-N2VMB1401-B02. I see that in eBay they sell mobos for the G75VW but with another code. Will those work ? What is the difference between them ? Does it matter if I have the 660m model or the 670m one ?

Thanks.

Dreamonic
04-17-2013, 01:10 AM
There are a lot of different spec'd G75VW models, so I could see why you think this. The numbers do not have to match. In the BIOS, all G75VW's have the 660/670M vBIOS's so your own card will run after the swap. The earlier MB's and revised ones work 'round each other as well. Everything is interchangeable so as long as you purchase for a G75VW if that's what you have.

Guido7142
04-17-2013, 01:14 AM
I agree with you. Just wanted to check beause it sounded strange that you though all mobos are the same and work in for every G75VW model, they still carry a different code. Why is that ?

Dreamonic
04-17-2013, 01:25 AM
There are 2: VX MB's and VW MB's. One has only the 670MX vBIOS and the other 660M/670M.

One has Thunderbolt, the other does not. One has different AUDIO controller and the other does not. ..it goes on..

The reason for different codes can be earlier or later MB's that use different BIOS/vBIOS versions to manufacturer date, location or even refurbished models to changes in hardware or updated keys.

Any G75VW MB will work with any other G75VW. A G75VX MB however requires the 660M vBIOS (in your case) or the 670M added into the BIOS for that swap to read your card. The process is quite easy, but without a 670MX to first be able to dump the BIOS and make the necessary changes, you'll be flashing in the dark if not hooking up and pin flashing.

To make things easier, figure out which MB's are VX and which are VW's before buying.

The rest is as is, self-explanatory.

Guido7142
04-29-2013, 08:36 PM
I now bought a motherboard that is for a VW (I have a VW) and it does not show any image. Looks like when I bricked my first motherboard. Any suggestions ? How can I know what can be causing the problem ? I am worried it is the GPU but now sure, but external monitor did not show any image either. I highly doubt it is the GPU.

Dreamonic
04-30-2013, 01:56 AM
First off, where did you buy the motherboard from? Is it from a reputable source? If not... chances are they sold you their own bad motherboard.

I've used all BIOS versions of vBIOS on mine with alternating them around to find the best one to go forward with, so chances are it's not your GPU. Were you absolutely sure everything was hooked or pressed in all the way before closing it all up? Sometimes it's human error.

There is no pairing with the MB and GPU so that's why I stated the above. By "pairing" I am referring to the fact that they are not matched together to work together. It could be a simple thing like the card didn't seat properly or LCD connection didn't mate properly or wasn't in all the way to just a bad motherboard. Very rarely does mismatching identical hardware replicate the same type of problem unless the hardware is in a defective state already.

The problem is linked with MB or connector connections, that's my guess.

What someone could do is whoever sent in there G laptops for warranty work from a bad flash, to post here what parts were replaced.. was it just motherboard or was it both motherboard and video card?

Sorry for your time and efforts Guido, they will eventually pay off if you remain persistent and patient.

Good luck.