PDA

View Full Version : Sleep function causes G55 to shut down

Ursudak
04-17-2013, 06:31 AM
I sent my laptop in for an RMA a few weeks ago, and when i got it back, every time I put the computer to sleep(via closing the lid, the sleep button, or the sleep option from the start menu), the computer acts like it is going to sleep, and the power light flashes like it should be asleep, but when i try to wake the computer up it gives me the "Your computer didn't shut down correctly" screen and asks me if I want to boot in safe mode.

One of the issues they "Fixed" with the RMA was the issue with my keyboard backlight not turning back on after putting the computer to sleep and waking it up (I say "fixed" because with the current issue, i can't wake my computer up at all, so I can't tell if its fixed) This was never a problem before the RMA, so I'm really not sure what to do here. I've updated everything i can think of, and tried removing instantOn to see if it was messing with the sleep function. The RMA updated the BIOS to 217, but I'm not exactly sure what they changed other than that.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Pitcher@asus
04-17-2013, 09:02 AM
if you recover OS and install new driver and utility again, is it happen again? if yes, i think you should send back again, because the peoble is not happen before RMA.

Ursudak
04-18-2013, 07:23 PM
I haven't attempted to recover the OS and reinstall drivers and utilities. Does that mean just using the OS disks I made?

Sending it back in really isn't an option at this point. I have classes that I absolutely need my computer for until early June, so that would be the soonest I could send it in again. I was hoping there would be some fix i could handle myself, as my previous two RMAs haven't been the most pleasant either. They seem to have both created more issues. My first I sent in for a headphone jack that wasn't working, which was sent back to me without fixing the jack and the keyboard backlight not functioning. This recent one was to fix the backlight issue as well as the optical drive not reading and the previous jack problem, and, although at least the optical drive and headphone jack were fixed, I now have this issue with the sleep function.... I haven't had any accidents to cause the issues, so I'm not very happy with everything going wrong one after the other.

Quasimodem
04-18-2013, 10:52 PM
Check the Windows' Power settings before you send it off again...

Ursudak
04-19-2013, 07:29 PM
I did that, but that shouldn't be causing it to shut down improperly. I have sleep disabled for now so it doesn't keep doing it..