PDA

View Full Version : G55VW W8 clean install mistake please help?

getabu
04-18-2013, 03:16 AM
So I have a good one for you guys

keep in mind that this is my first time dealing with a GPT partition disk system
plenty experience with normal drives (ntfs)

so I recently purchase an asus g55vw ES 71 and it came with W7 so I decided to upgrade to W8
I boot the W8 from usb flash drive and planning to do a clean install to the os partition but I was not
aware of the gpt..... so I format and it don't let me install the new Windows (panic panic buttom on)
I restart to do a recovery (f9) and when I chose to recover in the first partition only, it says that there's a
missing file on C:/ (of course I wipe that partition) and I didn't make or have a recovery disk!!!!! :"(

question is; can I install W7/8 (I don't care at this point) without formating the whole disk, only installing on the partition
meant to it?
unlock or anything the main partition?
format the os partition to a new file system so i can install normally Windows? And how
I read a lot but as I said before I don't have any experience on this kind of partitions systems or UEFI mother boards

please help.

ps: I would like to purchase the recovery DVD but I'm outside the us (Venezuela) and is very difficult to get one immediately.

rewben
04-18-2013, 05:03 AM
hi @getabu, try this:

1. boot the laptop up with your usb stick plugged in;
2. press esc key on boot and select from the blue menu uefi:<usb.stick> to proceed.

good luck.

Pitcher@asus
04-18-2013, 06:24 AM
if you just one HDD, when you into win 8 install display, press shift + F10 to show cmd and type "diskpart" -> select your disk (ex "select disk 0") -> "clean all"

getabu
04-18-2013, 11:07 AM
hi @getabu, try this:

2. press esc key on boot and select from the blue menu uefi:<usb.stick> to proceed.

good luck.

first of all thanks for the suport in advanced.
I hit the esc key with the flash plug in and just show me "general USB Flash disk 1100"

getabu
04-18-2013, 11:12 AM
hi @getabu, try this:

good luck.

first of all thanks for the support.
After spam the esc key the only USB option that shows me is
"General USB Flash Disk 1100"
do it has to be in other format? Because I use
the windows 7 download USB DVD tool and as far I know it formats
the flash in NTFS

getabu
04-18-2013, 11:18 AM
first of all thanks for the support.
I spam the esc key and the only usb option is
... General USB Flash Disk 1100. ...
is there another step that I have to do before this
and do the flash have to be in other format because I use
the windows 7 download tool, an as far I know it formats in NTFS

getabu
04-18-2013, 11:23 AM
if you just one HDD, when you into win 8 install display, press shift + F10 to show cmd and type "diskpart" -> select your disk (ex "select disk 0") -> "clean all"
if I use this command does it wipe the whole disk including all the partitions?
Or do I have to select the os partition

gokica
04-18-2013, 11:29 AM
For installing W8 from USB stick on GPT disk (under UEFI) the USB memory has to be formatted as FAT32. Once everything works the Esc key will prompt you with "UEFI: General USB Flash Disk 1100".

getabu
04-18-2013, 02:37 PM
For installing W8 from USB stick on GPT disk (under UEFI) the USB memory has to be formatted as FAT32. Once everything works the Esc key will prompt you with "UEFI: General USB Flash Disk 1100".

I manage to boot in UEFI and load windows but it still dont let me install on any partition, any ideas why?

getabu
04-18-2013, 03:04 PM
or the windows has to be somehow specific compatible with UEFI sistems?

Clintlgm
04-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Yes Win7 SP1 is required to install UEIF

getabu
04-18-2013, 04:31 PM
do i have to delete all the partitions of the previous windows in order to install W8 ? Please help im still no able to start my laptop

getabu
04-18-2013, 05:54 PM
when i boot the W8 in UEFI....USB and open the setupact.log it says that is booting on BIOS
"Callback_BootEnvironmentDetect: Detected boot environment: BIOS", why? if im saying to boot in UEFI

Clintlgm
04-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Check this guide out should solve you problem, http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html

getabu
04-18-2013, 11:01 PM
what could happen if i delete all partitions?? does will matter?

rewben
04-19-2013, 01:46 AM
first of all, please make sure you have prepared the usb stick for w8 installation like this:

a) format your usb with FAT32;
b) copy all the contents from windows 8 iso/dvd into the formatted usb stick.

to install w8 in uefi mode, you need a fat32 formatted usb.

from your description, your laptop did not boot in uefi mode via usb stick. that is why you got the message "Callback_BootEnvironmentDetect: Detected boot environment: BIOS" (it booted in bios mode instead).

afaik, there is no need to delete all partitions.

getabu
04-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Thanks to all i manage to install the windows but i have a dout, when windows is booting it ask me for what windows to boot if windows 8 or
windows 7, why is that if the windows 7 os was totally wiped from that partition