PDA

View Full Version : G75VX - AUO B173HW02 V1 Flicker

mynewrog
04-18-2013, 12:57 PM
Ok, I have just bought a G75VX - BHI7N11 and the first thing I noticed was a distinct "flickering" when I have a dark (especially grey) background. Actually, I would hope it is only visible on grey, but it's doing it on other dark color gradients as well to a lesser extent. Unfortunately, I did some search and it appears to be common to these models so it's not as I've just got a bad one.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28621-G75VX-screen-flickering/page2

For a premium model like this and from a renowned manufacturer such as ASUS this is merely unacceptable. Makes the whole laptop useless despite it's power and other characteristics.

This quoted thread didn't offer much help as apparently I cannot turn to 16-bit color nor use MAX brightness all the time as it is overly bright, not to mention that MAX brighteness seems more to be hiding the problem than actualyl curing it. I wonder how ASUS keeps quiet about it. I bought the laptop for lots of graphic designand now I really don't know what to do. If there is not an official guideline to remedy this behaviour I am demanding either a panel replacement or some refund for the separate lcd screen that I will be buying in order to be able to work with it.

I am just curious if other people have found a solution or is everybody living with a "not build for purpose" product such as this one. Very disappointed at the moment.

Pitcher@asus
04-19-2013, 03:04 AM
i think you should be send back to service center to replace, replair or renew.