PDA

View Full Version : Temperature problem + eventually low fan RPS rate

Pulse
04-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Hi guys,
I`ve been reading this forum for awhile searching for the right place for my thread and I hope this is it. So here`s my problem:
I have G55VW RoG laptop and recently it started to get "spiky" and slowly. I`ve downloaded SpeedFan and it showed that after few hours all temperatures are getting over 75C with the Fan Speed lower than 2800 rps. Is this rps rate normal? If it`s not - how to fix it, if it is how to fix the temperatures if the problem is not in the fan.

P.s i bought the laptop 7-8 months ago and i have the warranty if that has anything to do with the case.

Arne Saknussemm
04-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Hey pulse!

Maybe its got dusty and needs hoovering out carefully....

But If I were you I would get a mod to move the thread to the laptop section there will be people there that can help a lot better :)

Pulse
04-19-2013, 08:15 AM
Thanks, I`ll do that. I`m sorry for the mess.

Arne Saknussemm
04-19-2013, 09:12 AM
No mess Pulse:D just for some reason not many laptop posts end up in this section so the folk who will know how to help might not see it...

I have seen people clear out their fans and air ducts by using a a hair dryer (set to only blow cold air of course) and blowing through.....using a vacuum cleaner and bringing the nozzle carefully up to the vents.

And this video shaows you how to tear one down completely if you're up for it.

http://youtu.be/BYZAglEhuXo

But hey, if its under guarantee maybe returning it ....

Pulse
04-19-2013, 09:38 AM
yea, that's the other thing - if I open and clean it that voids the warranty right?
It`s not like I`m total hardware noob or something, I`m actually pretty much into fixing PCs, changing parts and thermal grease but I`ve never opened a laptop...
There`s one other small problem. I bought my laptop from Amazon last September while I was in the USA and then I went back to my country so I have to wait till 23rd to come back and I`ve never returned anything on amazon even though I heard it`s very easy and they are very open to that. Thanks anyway, i`ll contact my seller and then mb try to clean it up a little. I`m also pretty sure that the problem is some dust.

Arne Saknussemm
04-19-2013, 09:53 AM
One thing....(I think Zygomorphic posted this somewhere) if you use a vacuum or hair drier or canned air and you move it close to the fans inlet/outlet....use a paper-clip to stop the fan rotating.....the pull of air can send it spinning at rpms that might damage it...

Andutzu1907
04-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Hello guys?
iI was wondering if anyone experienced my problem...
i can't seem to find a pattern but, i'll try to be specific.
sometimes when i restart my laptop (is a g55vw btw), after a windows update (windows 8 x64) my fans kick in very loud...
and they stop shortly after...
the problem is, that i never get that speed from my fans when rendering/playing games...
the processor goes up to 90C, and the fans work at a constant rate, they never kick in really loud...
Thanks!

Andutzu1907
04-29-2013, 01:47 PM
I've found a pattern for my fan speed, and why it doesn't run on full speed when the computer is under heavy stress.
Is it possible that there is a setting somewhere and the fans go at full spee only when the temps get over 100C?
if so, why do other users get the fans at full when the temp are in the range of 75-80C?
Anyway,
During rendering, the processor was between 80-80C on average...
The fans didn't kick in, they were working constantly to keep the processor in between these values...
I ran prime 95 only for 5 min, and the temps were on average 96-97C...
Some cores even got to 100C(not at the same time) - according to hwinfo64...
The fans still didn't start at full speed.
Then i ran a program called itnel cpu burn, and basicly it stresses the processors...
Temps got in the range of 97-101C, but when 2 cores went over 100C(at the same time), the fans started to work at full speed!
EVRIKA!!!
I've never heard them as loud except the case mentioned in the post above...
Still makes me wonder why do they kick in at such higher temps?
If anybody has a clue please let me know,
Have a good day!

SpasTaz0917
04-29-2013, 05:03 PM
yeah, I hate the fact, that the Fans don't sin higher when in higher temps.
even a MacBook Pro gets a Better temperature because of their whiny 6200rpm :P
maybe a BIOS update or ECC or whatever they use to control the fans, was updated to kick in sooner, that would be great.

Andutzu1907
04-30-2013, 07:13 AM
I have the latest bios version, forgot to mention it...
I'll write an email to asus, see what they say...

Andutzu1907
05-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Right...
I didn't had time to send the g55 to asus (easter and all), but i'm sure there is somthing wrong with my laptop.
I was playing gta4 (the balad of gay tony - it's better optimised then gta 4) and hwinfo64 showed that this temps:
- gpu - 79C
- cpu -88C
Also when the right side get's warm-hot i experience some lag in the gameplay (framerate drops and all that)
I have the full hd model, but the in-game resolution eas 1366x768 - shadows medium, night shadows off, draw and detail distance 40, vehicle density 60, vsync and definition off...

A few days ago i did a test in the cpu (intel cpu burn test) and 2 of the cores reached 102C/ the other ones about 96-97C :(
Also furmark took my gpu at 80C - the 15 min full hd test (it's a standard one i think)

I don't know what you guys think bu aren't this temps a little high?
Should i be worried and take it to asus?
The room temp. was around 20-23C, and the back of the laptop was at 2cm distance from the table...
If you have any sugestions i would apreciatte it!
Thanks, sorry for grammar mistakes!

Clintlgm
05-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Sounds to me like your GPU is doing ok, our G75 will do about the same n Furmark. But your CPU Temps seem a bit high, maybe you should check in with Asus Tech Support or the vendor you purchased it from?

apgrala
05-04-2013, 07:58 PM
I have exactly same temperature on my G55. I repaste gpu and cpu with arctic mx-4 and nothing change