PDA

View Full Version : AI Recovery prog creates errors on disc, then fails to recognize recovery drive...

reddragun3
07-31-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks in advanced for your help guys. But to make a long story short, i unboxed the g74sx-a1 yesterday and after playing a video or 2 and a song to test out the laptop. the Ai recovery started making errors on the disc.

it failed on 1, then made it, disc 2 was fine. failed on 3, then made it on 2nd try. fourth disc failed over 15 times.yes i sat there putting 15 different dvd-r's in the drive hoping it would work.

thought it was an update issue so then after an update to win 7 HP, the AI Recovery stopped recognizing the recovery disc and won't make a back-up of my recovery drive.

I tried installing the latest version (1.0.14) and then old version (1.0.13) nothing works. is this normal or expected on such a new and high end laptop? please help..i don't think i did anything major to make the AI recovery or the disc drive fail. Has anyone else run into this problem or know if this is a normal thing?

i know i can use Acronis to do the same thing. just kidda bummed that i spent so much and i can't even create a recovery disc after the unboxing...

Redaltt
10-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Hi, I have the same problem you have, I even tested the DVD´s created with another PC and it did show the files it was asking for. I have no idea why this is happening.
How did you fix it?