PDA

View Full Version : Question to Mike@Asus about nVIDIA Graphics Drivers

Matrix Leader
04-21-2013, 01:29 AM
Dear Mike,

you always say it is best to stick to the drivers for my specific notebook (G75VW) from ASUS and not download drivers from somewhere else.

I did that,

I just wanna ask, is it ok to install a later updated driver that is also from ASUS but from the download page of another ASUS Laptop? Because some other ASUS laptops have newer nVIDIA Drivers than the one on the G75VW page.

What do you think? as long as it is from ASUS it would be perfectly fine and compatible or shall I only stick to downloading ASUS nVIDIA Drivers from my laptop's download page?

Apexing
04-21-2013, 05:00 AM
don´t listne to the guy, get newest off of nvidias page.

Cyrax
04-21-2013, 06:21 AM
Nvidia drivers all the way asus drivers are ****

TokoDude
04-21-2013, 08:10 AM
Stick with NNVIDIA

Rogstalker
04-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Mike@Asus cant have a G75VW himself and play games or he would never say such a thing. Download the latest drivers from Nvidia, the drivers on Asus are always outdated.

Quasimodem
04-21-2013, 09:27 PM
He has to represent Asus, so he is only saying what they would say...

chrsplmr
04-21-2013, 10:29 PM
OK .. Let's leave @Mike out of it.
The original question asked :
"I just wanna ask, is it ok to install a later updated driver that is also from ASUS but from the download page of another ASUS Laptop? Because some other ASUS laptops have newer nVIDIA Drivers than the one on the G75VW page."
I think one is a 'M' and the other is a 'Mx'.

Other Members speaking from experience may have their opinion and it is their experience to go elsewhere
and are always free to share that expertise.
The same, what appears to be the same, hardware can lead to opposite results and experiences.
One doesn't have to be wrong for the other to be right, or keep their 'position'.c.

Quasimodem
04-21-2013, 10:53 PM
You forgot to post your opinion on the OP's question... :p

chrsplmr
04-21-2013, 10:58 PM
my imo answer: " I think one is a 'M' and the other is a 'Mx'."

I have no opinion of the original question.
Only my reasoned response.
One opinion. humbly offered.

Another Member said, 'I always use Nvidia drivers'
and another said, 'me too'.c.

Quasimodem
04-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Here's some fact... He didn't ask about the differences in G75VW and G75VX hardware... He asked for Mike@Asus opinion on which driver to use. So while he is waiting for Mike's response, perhaps he would like to read other users' opinions.

chrsplmr
04-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Good, We agree.
The difference between the laptops the OP was asking about using 'other drivers' about
was, the difference in the vw and vx. the gpu. 670m or 670mx.imo.

And great advice. That's why the forum is here. read. enjoy.c.

Matrix Leader
04-22-2013, 04:07 AM
Here's some fact... He didn't ask about the differences in G75VW and G75VX hardware... He asked for Mike@Asus opinion on which driver to use. So while he is waiting for Mike's response, perhaps he would like to read other users' opinions.
offcourse you are right, I want to hear everyone's opinion also this is why I posted it on the forums rather than just sending Mike a PM

cl-Albert
04-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Dear Mike,

you always say it is best to stick to the drivers for my specific notebook (G75VW) from ASUS and not download drivers from somewhere else.

I did that,

I just wanna ask, is it ok to install a later updated driver that is also from ASUS but from the download page of another ASUS Laptop? Because some other ASUS laptops have newer nVIDIA Drivers than the one on the G75VW page.

What do you think? as long as it is from ASUS it would be perfectly fine and compatible or shall I only stick to downloading ASUS nVIDIA Drivers from my laptop's download page?

Well, Mike and I should be on the same page for this, so I'll stick my neck out on this (and watch it get cut off, ha ha ).
The reason Mike and I say to stick to the ASUS download page for your model is that those drivers have been approved by ASUS for your notebook, so they should be the 'safest' drivers to use if you want to avoid problems (providing everything is working okay and as well as you like).
It may not be the way to go for everybody though especially the ROG users who are more capable of dealing with any issues, but ASUS also needs to consider those users who are not running into any problems and will have a tough time with any issues.

If things are not going as well as you would like or you are running into problems using the ASUS approved drivers for your notebook and do not mind the risk of causing more problems with your software, then you may want to consider trying other 'unapproved' drivers to solve your issue.
Luckily, we have this forum site with lots of knowledgable users who have probably tried those 'unapproved' drivers and can provide more feedback and tips about using them if you decide to try them.

Also, for users who aren't aware of it and want to try them, ASUS also has newer unapproved drivers posted on the ASUS download site (http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax) (search 'vga'), but probably will not be as current as the drivers posted as the nVidia site.

Matrix Leader
04-22-2013, 07:38 PM
I see, thanks mr. albert

cl-Albert
04-22-2013, 07:44 PM
glad I was able to help clear that up.