PDA

View Full Version : [HELP!] ASUS G74Sx Charger

games4lyf22
04-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Anyone knows where to buy charger here in the Philippines
for my Asus G74Sx it's been two long months since my
charger got broken. I can't find any retailers so far I tried contacting
online adapter dealers but still no luck at all, they say 150 watts/7.7A is
too big that they don't have stocks for it.

please help me getting frustrated already :'(
if someone can give me trusted online shop that can ship here in
the Philippines 99% that can be receive than I might give it a long shot
too. .

cl-Albert
04-23-2013, 12:18 AM
There are probably other options, but you if you haven't already tried these two and are interested, you may either want to contact your local ASUS support or local ASUS service center for a resolution (maybe they can sell one to you?).
1. Click here (http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en) to find the ASUS contact numbers for your region.
2. Click here (http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center/Philippines/Notebook/) to search the service centers in the Philippines.

The only issue I see is that the G74Sx 150w AC adapter may not be as easy to find now, but if you can verify with the place you plan to purchase from, the 180w AC adapter should be using the same sized plug and still work even though the output is 19V and your notebook may expect 19.5V input.
Not sure that anybody at ASUS will to recommend the 180w AC adapter, but if you have no other choice, you may want to look into this option if you are okay with the risks. Hopefully you can get the correct G74Sx 150w AC adapter though.

Muratus
04-23-2013, 01:13 AM
I have a extra G73 Ac Adapter, in my parts stash, that should also work in the G74. Send me a PM and maybe we can work something out to get it shipped to you. I sale allot of G73 parts on eBay and have already sold a few parts to TeRmInAsHuNaToR from these forums, if you need a reference.

games4lyf22
04-23-2013, 09:17 AM
thanks for the quick reply guys I'll give this a shot. .
really I appreciated it a lot.

I'll keep giving updates, till next time then.