PDA

View Full Version : G75 universal power adapters?

razor313
04-22-2013, 07:43 PM
I forgot my power adapter at home and will be on the road for possibly next month. Could I use one of those universal adapters to charge the battery while the computer is on sleep. The problem is that all of the universal adapters are all rated at 90W, what are the dangers of using one of these adapters. could I possibly use 2 of them one thru the power plug and another that has usb charging?

Pitcher@asus
04-23-2013, 02:13 AM
because G serious laptop is high performance laptop, i suggest you buy power adapter again, i think it is in spec, all of it are able to use. alos you can visit our e-store.
Output :
19 V DC, A, 180 W
Input :
100 -240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal

razor313
04-23-2013, 03:23 AM
You may have misunderstood me friend, I do have the original adapter but at my home. With my type of work I cant really order anything because Im never in the same place for more than 2 days at a time.
Anyway I did go ahead and buy the universal adapter thats rated at 19V 4.5A 90W. With the computer shut down Im able to charge up the battery in 3-4 hours and then run the laptop on battery power. The adapter is not overheating and neither is the battery, hopefully there wont be any damage to the laptop. And this way I can have about 30 minutes of play about twice a day.

Zygomorphic
04-23-2013, 10:20 AM
USB will not power the notebook, and may even destroy the ports or the motherboard. I would follow Pitcher@ASUS' suggestion and buy a good power supply from ASUS - or one rated to the same specs. You may be able to find such a power supply on Amazon, I'm not sure. If you find one, please post, because I'm interested in buying one for me (as a spare for my G53).

The 90 W will slowly charge the battery while the computer is asleep or turned off. I would be careful though.

Tmjpwns
04-23-2013, 10:28 AM
As long as the voltage is the same and the amp's roughly the same it should be fine.
I used a G74 power supply on mine before and the difference is +-1volt +-2amps. And that worked so well i did not even notice.