PDA

View Full Version : Some more questions regarding the G46

Tru3che
04-24-2013, 04:35 AM
Hey everyone I've been doing a ton of research on the g46 ever since someone on here suggested it to me after telling them my need of a highly portable( for school) and powerful machine (for gaming). Now I've seen a lot of talk about replacing the screen and getting an ssd put in and I was wondering if you all thought a default model like this will be coming out soon or not. I've noticed there are already 2 models out and the difference seems very minor. I'm also wondering how long a rog model lasts before they release the next one. Like will it be awhile before the g47 or some better version comes out or do these tend to last awhile. I hope that makes sense.

Also I was wondering how long do you guys think the gtx 660m in this thing will be relevant. I know it's kind of hard to assume with technology changing drastically over the years but do you thin the 660m is very enough in front anything currently out that it should be perfectly fine for many years to come or will it be 2-3 years and I have to replace the laptop due to the all of a sudden ancient graphics card.

I love taking computers apart and seeing how they work, but I don't have much experience knowing which models are the best and how each graphics card compares to another. I'm trying to learn so this seems like the best place to get answers. Thanks in advance!

Pitcher@asus
04-24-2013, 05:24 AM
model name is high, performance will be hight (660M/670MX), i think you should consider your money and requirement to choose laptop what are you really want.

JwPwns
04-24-2013, 05:12 PM
hey, I have been using the G46 since the month it came out and so far everything's fine. The display is my least favorite part of the machine because they could do way better than 720p for this size with this amount of money. (look at their transformer pads 1080p on a 10 inch). Anyways back to the GTX660M, this should last atleast 2 years. It's mid-rage graphic card but it is capable of playing every single game available out there at the moment. While the old GTX280 can still play most of the games out there, i wouldn't worry about this until 2015 and by that time the cpu and ssd will also be outdated. You will have no trouble getting 2 - 3 years out of this.

TokoDude
04-24-2013, 05:51 PM
For the graphic card i should chose for an GTX 660M it's better overclock able

and the GTX 660M VS GTX 670M is the GTX 670M around 10% better then the GTX 660M.

i shouldn't waste much money on that because difference is not to big. buy for that money SSD or extra RAM. or you can use that money for over a few years for your new PC