PDA

View Full Version : Safe Temperature Ranges

TheAdmiralty
04-26-2013, 12:24 AM
Hello again!

I'm just curious about something on my G75. I'm relatively new to the world of actual high-end gaming laptops... have always been a desktop person up until recently. I know desktop temps inside and out, but not mobile.

Rendering a Blender model at max CPU load puts my i7-3630QM at around 70-75 degrees Celsius. The 660M generally hovers around 70 degrees under a decent load. Those temps were recorded through HWMonitor.

I'm sure they're safe, but when should I start to worry about my temperatures? I dont want to shorten the lifespan of anything in this by a single minute due to heat, and while I know that's probably a little unrealistic, I can at least try.

Aside from a cooling stand, is there anything else I can do to get a little better thermal performance? Would some fresh IC7 Diamond or Noctua NT-H1 thermal paste help things any, or just be an unneeded risk with repasting everything?

Much appreciated!

Matrix Leader
04-26-2013, 12:29 AM
I know for a fact that i7 CPUs are made to operate @ 90-100 C safely which might happen during extreme situations

your temps are perfectly fine

My current temp (I don't play games by the way just normal PC usage) on my G75VW is 60C (AC is on in the house)

Sagi
04-26-2013, 01:12 AM
After several hours of gaming BF3 it never goes higher then 67C - This is with a light GPU overclock.

jsarver
04-26-2013, 01:47 AM
my 670mx fully over clocked under bf3 load for hours is only 61

ashue
04-27-2013, 09:07 AM
@TheAdmiralty,

as for my opinion, you should start to worry about your temps when it reached above 100 for both cpu and gpu as there will be a bottleneck between the two and it will cause havoc to your machine. monitoring the temps from time to time will be a big help especially if you are using apps that requires a certain amount of cpu and gpu usage.
with regards to repasting of the thermal stuff then it will be your option as this requires your machine to be disassembled for it to be done.

TokoDude
04-27-2013, 10:04 AM
@TheAdmiralty,

as for my opinion, you should start to worry about your temps when it reached above 100 for both cpu and gpu as there will be a bottleneck between the two and it will cause havoc to your machine. monitoring the temps from time to time will be a big help especially if you are using apps that requires a certain amount of cpu and gpu usage.
with regards to repasting of the thermal stuff then it will be your option as this requires your machine to be disassembled for it to be done.

I only disagree with you with the TEMPS of the GPU.

The GPU is in danger at 90.

So I really should worry if it get close to that

GottiBoi55
04-27-2013, 04:11 PM
Hello again!

I'm just curious about something on my G75. I'm relatively new to the world of actual high-end gaming laptops... have always been a desktop person up until recently. I know desktop temps inside and out, but not mobile.

Rendering a Blender model at max CPU load puts my i7-3630QM at around 70-75 degrees Celsius. The 660M generally hovers around 70 degrees under a decent load. Those temps were recorded through HWMonitor.

I'm sure they're safe, but when should I start to worry about my temperatures? I dont want to shorten the lifespan of anything in this by a single minute due to heat, and while I know that's probably a little unrealistic, I can at least try.

Aside from a cooling stand, is there anything else I can do to get a little better thermal performance? Would some fresh IC7 Diamond or Noctua NT-H1 thermal paste help things any, or just be an unneeded risk with repasting everything?

Much appreciated!

Check out this thread, should be very helpful LINK (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?24229-quot-Normal-quot-Temperature-for-GTX-670M-in-G75VW)