PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Tint on screen

ichito
04-28-2013, 03:40 AM
so like two weeks back my laptop seemed to have this yellow tint over the entire screen it was only noticeable when i had a white backround open and would tend to irritate my eyes.
Due to this problem i plugged in an old monitor which i had lying around and used it for 2 days while i figured out what to do. After this 2 days i turned on my laptop one day and the yellow tint was gone. I mean completely gone for like these last 2 weeks i haven't seen the yellow tint at all but i am curious as to what caused the problem,how it resolved itself and if it is a sign that my graphics card/screen has been damaged or something would really like to know how i can prevent this from happening again if possible

This is the g75VW-BBK5

i would appreciate any help/advice available.

dstrakele
04-28-2013, 04:01 AM
I suspect you inadvertently changed your display's color profile by hitting an ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement utility keyboard shortcut.

Apexing
04-28-2013, 07:06 AM
What dstrakele said.
You can just uninstall the program and it wont happen again.

GottiBoi55
04-28-2013, 07:53 PM
I agree.
The "ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement" is worthless just uninstall it!

dstrakele
04-28-2013, 08:06 PM
But be aware that Splendid and all other ASUS Bloatware applications are required to be running on your laptop to enroll in the ASUS Free Dental Care Program (see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?32042-Why-can-t-we-have-free-Kaspersky-for-ROG-notebook-users).

GottiBoi55
04-28-2013, 08:12 PM
But be aware that Splendid and all other ASUS Bloatware applications are required to be running on your laptop to enroll in the ASUS Free Dental Care Program (see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?32042-Why-can-t-we-have-free-Kaspersky-for-ROG-notebook-users).

Hahaha LMAO........Good one!

ichito
05-02-2013, 05:01 AM
ok but i still got 2 more questions then xD 1 i cant find this program anywhere and 2 the yellow tint used to vary on and off when pressure was applied to various parts of the laptop.....like i mean one way i used to have it off initially was to put the front on like a coke cap or something and have it angled ....used to take off the yellow tint wierdly..

Apexing
05-02-2013, 05:28 AM
it should be in the uninstall area of windows.
but by what you are saying it could be a loose connection inside the laptop.
I would get it replaced at the seller if you still can.

dstrakele
05-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Unfortunately, if pressing on your laptop changes video behavior, it indicates a hardware problem. Your options are contacting your retailer to see if you can exchange your defective laptop for a new one, or send the laptop in for Warranty repair.

johnnydwicked
05-02-2013, 03:52 PM
I calibratred my Asus g75vx as it had a default blue tint and it turns out that slight yellow tint was the correct calibrated color just like my calibrated external Asus VS228h monitor. I used a Spyder 4 pro to calibrate both monitors and now they are about 96% matched together.