PDA

View Full Version : Transferring many files between 2 G75VW's

bignadad
04-29-2013, 01:04 PM
I currently have a G75VW-DH73 that is completely full of my files.

I recently ordered a G75VW-DH73-3D and a upgrade 512ssd hard drive to replace the 256ssd that it came with.

I need to get my files off old laptop and get on the new laptop.

What is the fastest method of transferring. I had planned on using my 2TB sata 3 USB passport drive to take everything off and put on to new one.

BUT, i wondered if there was a direct way i could do this? I know i could do wifi, but wouldnt that be much slower? even though its direct? What about through network?

Any help is appreciated. I want to make this switch as easy as possible.

Matrix Leader
04-29-2013, 01:13 PM
the fastest way is through your external HDD network is too slow.

Clintlgm
04-29-2013, 01:51 PM
If your wireless router has gigabyte LAN connections, I would go that way as its only 1 operation, external drive is two separate operations. Also http://www.wikihow.com/Connect-Two-Computers-Using-USB, This would also be a single operation saving half the time of using a external drive. However using a external drive will give you a back up copy of all your files that you are transferring?

bignadad
04-29-2013, 02:46 PM
I have a dual band wireless n router. Pretty sure its gigabit. That would have to take a cat6 network cable to work at the gigabit speed right?

Clintlgm
04-29-2013, 03:08 PM
I think 5e wire is good enough? that's all I use for my network seems to work good enough for me?

StreetGT
04-29-2013, 04:04 PM
ethernet cable...