PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!

Layfon
04-29-2013, 04:15 PM
I just got my ASUS G75VW-DH72 in the mail today. I booted it up and everything was fine when i got to the home screen I noticed windows wasnt active so I followed the instructions to activate windows with a restore. After this windows is active but the computer looks like its booted in safe mode when it is not ive tried changing the display and that didnt help. Another problem is the 750gb hdd is not showing up. Could anyone give me some suggestions on these problems?
Thanks in advance!

Apexing
04-29-2013, 04:51 PM
could you take a screenshot and upload it so we can see what you mean about it looking like safemode.
About the drive try and do this go into controlepanel, then into Administration, then into computerAdministration, and then under storage enter the diskmanegement. see if you can find the 750GB drive there, right click it then select change driveletter and path. Then give it a drive letter.

Layfon
04-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the help! but I just got to work so ill look for a simliar image and upload it from google
Edit.. Couldn't find anything similar ill try to describe it better... The easiest way for me to explain it would be its like im looking at the screen through a magnifying glass the icons are huge and fuzzy and the start orb is huge.. I tried to change the display it is on the smallest possible option 100% or normal magnification. If that doesn't help any ill post a screenie of it when i get off work tonite...
Edit2... Believe I found the solution to the icons I didn't realize you could change the size on the desktop as well! (feel pretty stupid about that question now :P)

nss
04-29-2013, 05:39 PM
2019320194Hi Layfon,

I would like to know if you are facing this "screen" issues that you can see in the following 2 pictures. ( The black line like if it wasn't edge to edge) on the Left and Right ( Left is bigger then Right) and if you can post back pictures of your screen..

Layfon
04-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Nope that isn't my issue sorry I think I found out what was wrong by looking around, but I will post pics if what I think is wrong isn't the problem when I get off work at 11pm my time, its 12:51pm here now.
Thanks!

Apexing
04-29-2013, 06:13 PM
nss, havent I already replied to you about that in your own topic ? just checked, and Yea I did.
---
Layfon, ok that could be that a graphic driver isnt installed, you can http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us let it scan and you can get the newest driver.

majorwoody
04-29-2013, 06:28 PM
yep that's what sounds like to me what Apexing said video driver out but and you might have taken other drivers out and since it is so new all i would do i reformat everything and do fresh install through recovery....

Layfon
04-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Thanks I really appreciate all the help ;P I was kinda weary when things didn't work first time I have had a decent laptop/computer

majorwoody
04-29-2013, 06:32 PM
your welcome and if windows don't activate automatically use the phone method...
:D