PDA

View Full Version : Backlit Keyboard (G46V)

cezarpetre
04-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Hello, I have bought a G46V 2 days ago and I am very pleased of what it's up to, but I got one issue with the Backlit Keyboard that won't work. My OS is Win8Pro and everything works fine, but the backlit keyboard only flashes once when I turn on the laptop. The Fn+F3/F4 commands do nothing, while the luminosity and others work just fine. I have entered BIOS and tried to disable the backlit flash when the computer is turned on but it still flashes and the command when running still doesn't work. I tried to update the keyboard driver but it said it's up to date. Is it because of the OS, or a hardware issue (I doubt it is it because it works-flashes when I turn on the laptop)?

Matrix Leader
04-29-2013, 04:44 PM
you need to install the ATK package then reboot

after that, press and hold the FN Key + F4 button repetitively to increase the keyboard brightness

cezarpetre
04-29-2013, 06:19 PM
It worked, but it disabled my touchpad, when i disconnect my usb mouse, the mouse pointer dissapears and the touchpad does not work. Fn+F9 Doesnot work, I installed Elantech Touchpad driver and the gaming mouse driver but it still does not work....

L.E.: Fixed it, for some reason, the internal pointing device was disabled from BIOS, probably when I installed the ATK package....

Matrix Leader
04-29-2013, 06:26 PM
Press and hold the function key then press the F9 key once, that will bring your touchpad back to life