PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get drivers CD (G55VW-ES71)

unikunjerry
04-30-2013, 07:01 AM
I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8 (clean install) and now all of my drivers are gone, I don't want to download and install them one by one from the website, does anyone know where I can download the ISO of the drivers and utility CD like the one that came with the laptop, or something similar?

Thanks.

Matrix Leader
04-30-2013, 08:50 AM
you upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8? That's a tragic downgrade my friend not an upgrade.

unikunjerry
04-30-2013, 08:57 AM
It's a matter of personal preference. I like Windows 8 better.

Zygomorphic
04-30-2013, 10:17 AM
There should be a downloads page, or use the Windows 7 disc that came with your laptop. Most of the drivers are compatible and/or have replacements. Honestly, the driver ISO won't really help. It just adds bloatware. Go to nVidia's website to get the latest GPU drivers.

P.S. Personally I dislike Windows 8, but to each his own.

Matrix Leader
04-30-2013, 10:47 AM
That's not true, the Bluetooth Drivers are not compatible and so are the Power4Gear Hybrid and the Wireless Switch

Just go here http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/G55VW/#support_Download_36

then choose windows 8 and get the Windows 8 Drivers

Zygomorphic
04-30-2013, 11:11 PM
That's not true, the Bluetooth Drivers are not compatible and so are the Power4Gear Hybrid and the Wireless Switch

Just go here http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/G55VW/#support_Download_36

then choose windows 8 and get the Windows 8 Drivers

Thanks for the correction! :) +rep! I was thinking on the nVidia drivers more than anything else, which are compatible (if you get them from nVidia's website).

Matrix Leader
05-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the correction! :) +rep! I was thinking on the nVidia drivers more than anything else, which are compatible (if you get them from nVidia's website).

yeah the compatible drivers are:
Intel Chipset Drivers
IRST
MEI
nVIDIA Drivers (whether you get them from nVIDIA or ASUS, they are all inter compatible)
Audio Drivers
Card Reader Drivers
LAN
WLAN
Webcam

Rest apps / drivers must be attained from the respective OS list of drivers