PDA

View Full Version : G55 turns itself on randomly after putting to sleep WIN8

cjakub
04-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Hey,
I have a problem with my new windows 8. I had win7 before but switched to win8 recently. The thing is, my computer turns itself on randomly when it's in sleep mode. It already happened few times and two times while it was in bag! :( It was really hot.. I can't risk this anymore but I don't know what to do. It was fine on windows 7 but i don't want to downgrade just because of this small (big) problem.
Do you have any suggestions how to fix this?
Thank you in advance.

//fyi, I have all wake timers turned off for every power plan

TokoDude
04-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Before you upgraded to Windows 8 did you downloaded all latest drivers from ASUS site so it’s compatible for windows 8?

But the most common problem is that the issue is your network card but I’m not sure

and on device manager:

Go to your network device properties ----> energy manager turn off the first thing if its on

In the bios it was:

Wake-on-Lan in the BIOS

cjakub
04-30-2013, 12:18 PM
i did clean install with complete hdd format. so i guess it doesn't matter which drivers i had before
But yes, i have installed latest drivers after fresh install of win8 :/
i tried to find a solution on web but everywhere they say it's that wake timer thing.. but it's not in my case as i have all timers turned off..

Matrix Leader
04-30-2013, 12:53 PM
upgrade your BIOS but do it through the EasyFlash method from the BIOS menu itself don't do it from Windows flashing BIOS from Windows is a 50-50 chance success or failure

cjakub
04-30-2013, 01:13 PM
TokoDude: I don't have that option in BIOS setup. The only option related to waking up is only "waking when lid is opened" but that's all.
So you suggest upgrading bios? If I do it through EasyFlash - is it reliable?

Matrix Leader
04-30-2013, 01:20 PM
TokoDude: I don't have that option in BIOS setup. The only option related to waking up is only "waking when lid is opened" but that's all.
So you suggest upgrading bios? If I do it through EasyFlash - is it reliable?

yes through esay flash it's 100% safe

get any Flash Disk and format it in FAT16 or FAT32 format

then place the BIOS file which you extracted from the ZIP you downloaded on the USB

insert your battery if you have it disconnected like me all the time

restart your notebook and keep hitting the F2 key till you get into the BIOS setup. then go to the 2nd tab and enter Easy Flash and choose your USB device you will find the BIOS there just highlight it and hit enter and enjoy

make sure to make some pop corn to enjoy the show while it's going

looking at your problem, I don't know what else to recommend to be honest other than having the latest BIOS so that we can eliminate the possibilities of why it is happening one by one until we nail down the problem

Pitcher@asus
05-02-2013, 03:29 AM
are you using windown bundle power manager or using asus power4gear? are you install driver from asus support site?