PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer Constantly Popping when laptop is turned on

bigity
04-30-2013, 03:11 PM
I took my laptop out of my bag today, and as soon as I turned it on, the subwoofer down in the bottom left corner started constantly popping. Muted, 2.1 channels or not, it never stopped. Other speakers seems to work fine.

I just got this thing, I really do not want to have to send it in for repairs already.

bigity
04-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Update: If I disable the VIA High Definition Audio device in Device Manager, the popping stops.

I will update this driver/device and see if that changes anything.

Sinless
04-30-2013, 03:35 PM
When i received my G75 from RMA i noticed the exact same thing, sadly for you, RMA is the way to go, or ask for a exchange at the retail store.

bigity
04-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Yup, looks like I get to send in my laptop I've had for 6 weeks.

They had me do a factory reset first which was a waste of time as the popping started as soon as power was turned on, even before Windows booted.

Boo :(

Pitcher@asus
05-02-2013, 06:24 AM
is it occur in use sometime or occur in get? i think you should restore OS than install new driver first, is not help, send back to service center.

ashue
05-02-2013, 02:31 PM
@bigity,

try to update your driver first and see it from there.

Clintlgm
05-02-2013, 05:14 PM
I suggest you PM one of the CL- guy's maybe CL-Albert

Randy88
12-21-2015, 03:42 PM
I have had two G751s and both have had annoying or debilitating problems out of the box. I had a G750 which was a flawless amazing unit. When it was time to upgrade I thought A G751 would be a great option. Really sorry I bought it now. The first G751 I had wouldn't connect to my Thunderbolt monitor and after returning it to Asus twice (no access to the computer for over a month) they say it worked fine. I proceeded to make videos of the G750 connecting flawlessly to the thunderbolt monitor and the G751 failing miserably (sits there and goes ba da dink, ba da dunk, ba da dink, ba da dunk; connecting and disconnection endlessly). They ignored me and said it works fine.

The first G751 Wifi Nic was also problematic (and I tried all the drivers). It never did more than 40mbs down with my router. The G750 sitting right next to it would do 120mbs and way more when transferring locally.

After returning the old G751 (had to beg Amazon to take it back because Asus would do nothing for me) for a newer model (the Gsync version) I now have your clicking sub woofer problem. I'll be on important business conference calls with skype and the thing is clicking all the while. Asus could save a lot of money buy just firing all of the tech support staff. In my experience things are never fixed by them anyway and at least your wouldn't waste your time sending your computer in over and over just to get your hopes up.

Would be great to hear if someone in the user community has figured out how to stop the sub clicking.

I took my laptop out of my bag today, and as soon as I turned it on, the subwoofer down in the bottom left corner started constantly popping. Muted, 2.1 channels or not, it never stopped. Other speakers seems to work fine.

I just got this thing, I really do not want to have to send it in for repairs already.