PDA

View Full Version : Does Maxing GPU Voltage in GPU Tweak harm your GPU?

Cryssie
05-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Hi guys
So i just got the ASUS GTX 670 DCII TOP 3 days ago and im totally newbie to overclocking stuff. So i did some research on OC-ing and saw people said maxing GPU Voltage could shorten your gpu life span which i doesnt want it to happend to my GPU :/ However there are some post saying its safe to maxing GPU Voltage in GPU tweak as GPU tweak doesnt allow GPU Voltage to exceed 1.150V limit which it is safe to use unless i customize the GPU voltage myself in BIOS and went higher than 1,150V then its risky.
So is this true or false? :confused::confused::confused:

HiVizMan
05-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Increasing the voltage of anything has a risk. I would be fibbing to you if I did not say that. However you have to work out if the risk is worth the reward. How much higher OC does maxing out your voltage give you over stock volts or lower volts.

For me that is the best way of working things out. If you want the reward then accept there will be higher risk.

Cryssie
05-02-2013, 11:59 AM
I see. so it does harm my gpu after all :/ thanks for info tho.

HiVizMan
05-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Nope what I said was there is a risk. Not that it will 100% harm there is a difference.

Let me give you an example. 100 people have the same graphic card. All 100 OC the card. All 100 use max voltage. But only one ever has a problem.

See what I mean.

Cryssie
05-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Ahhh okay :p i get what u mean now. Guess ill just increase the gpu voltage by bit instead of maxing it for now to match with the OC setting i made

HiVizMan
05-02-2013, 01:16 PM
That is the best way.