PDA

View Full Version : Can`t choose my SSD as boot option in BIOS (206)

holymacaroni
05-02-2013, 07:42 PM
My note came with 1TB HDD and Win8 preinstalled.
I bought Plextor 256Gb M5Pro SSD.
Under preinstalled windows from my HDD i`ve properly updated my BIOS to 206 version from asus g75vx driver download page.
After this i`ve installed my ssd to the other bay, it didn't show up in my computer after reboot. so i used acronis disk management software and formatted it to mbr logical drive
then i clean-installed win8 on it. but in bios i can`t chose this ssd drive as primary boot option. i keep seeing only my hdd as an option and getting splash screen where i can choose from which type of drive to load (6 - my ssd or 4 - hdd)
Is it ssd hardware problem, because i can see it in sata options in bios but cant choose as boot option.
Thanks!

Pitcher@asus
05-03-2013, 03:21 AM
what is your HDD setting in BIOS, IDE, AHCI or RAID? please set to AHCI.

Sinless
05-03-2013, 04:57 AM
Install your SSD on another PC and upgrade the firmware.

holymacaroni
05-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Problem solved. Just removed hdd and everything went ok.

cl-Albert
05-03-2013, 05:33 PM
I don't have the G75VX to check, so not sure if this will work, but in the G75VW bios under the 'Boot' menu there is a setting for 'Hard Drive BBS Priorities' which lets you choose which hard drive too boot from, so check your bios for this setting if you're interested in keeping both hard drives installed.

vitozilla
05-04-2013, 02:39 AM
@holymacaroni. After your first restart, did you go into the UEFI BIOS to setup the new drive? By removing the original drive, you kind of forced the hand, but you can have both drives in and select which one you want to boot from. Once you are comfortable the new SSD is working like the original drive, I would make a recovery drive (16 GB USB stick) and backup image of the "original disk" on something like a portable external hard drive. Then you can "clean" the original disk and turn it into your storage/media drive.