PDA

View Full Version : G46 availability to other authorized dealers in the US?

Sloth
05-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Good morning all,

Does anyone have any inkling as to when the G46 will be available to other (non-BB) authorized dealers in the US? I'd really like to buy a g46 with certain specs but with all due respect to Hidevolution I'd rather not pay the premium for them to buy a laptop from BB and then upgrade it.

I could do this myself but I'm not that skilled and don't want the hassle. I just don't understand why the G46, which obviously appeals to a large market segment, is not being permitted (?) to other dealers in the US. This is irritating enough that i've been considering other options in the 15.6" space which I don't want!

Mostly a rant here but I just don't get why Asus is making this so difficult to buy their product in probably one of the largest markets...

Myk SilentShadow
05-03-2013, 03:13 PM
The easy answer, BB got the rights to sell it US wide...oh and hardware upgrades are a piece of cake, plenty of videos on Youtube and i'm sure some good information in the RoG Forums too :)

Shawnnepc
05-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Good morning all,

Does anyone have any inkling as to when the G46 will be available to other (non-BB) authorized dealers in the US? I'd really like to buy a g46 with certain specs but with all due respect to Hidevolution I'd rather not pay the premium for them to buy a laptop from BB and then upgrade it.

I could do this myself but I'm not that skilled and don't want the hassle. I just don't understand why the G46, which obviously appeals to a large market segment, is not being permitted (?) to other dealers in the US. This is irritating enough that i've been considering other options in the 15.6" space which I don't want!

Mostly a rant here but I just don't get why Asus is making this so difficult to buy their product in probably one of the largest markets...

I don't think we'll get a G46 of this generation.

Stay tuned for upcoming releases from ASUS

Sloth
05-04-2013, 03:26 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Does Asus have a standard cycle in terms of releasing the next generation of hardware?