PDA

View Full Version : need help.. ASUS will not honor their 2 year warranty

exdr3am
05-05-2013, 08:07 AM
I need some advice on how I should proceed with this case. I bought an ASUS laptop model K53SV-XP1 in October 2011 from an ASUS reseller in Canada which supposedly has a 2 year global warranty as stated on the ASUS website itself. Upon the first week of usage I discovered there was a hardware problem with the dvd-drive as it will open by itself randomly from time to time. Since this was the only issue, I did not want to go through the hassle of sending it in to ASUS and be without a laptop for at least 2 weeks; Nevertheless, I called ASUS to verify that there is indeed a 2 year warranty on my laptop as there was an asterisk on the warranty line indicating it differed by country. The call agent whom I spoke to told me that it is indeed under a 2 year warranty and the asterisk was there to imply that it is only for ASUS laptops purchased in Canada or USA; Furthermore, he said that all ASUS laptops have their ASUS 360 warranty as advertised on the website(which is a 2 year warranty, free 2 way shipping etc.).

Slightly after a year, whenever I use my laptop for gaming I will experience a major graphics lag and my sound system will start crackling. And ever since that happened, even when I play videos on my computer there will be an intermittent lag/cutting of the videos sometimes. I have also been experiencing blue screen random shut down problems for no reason. Hence, I decided that it was high time I send my laptop in for a repair. However to my aghast, the caller agent insists that my warranty has expired as it is a 1 year warranty. After demanding to speak to the manager, he said that they do not have a manager but have a supervisor. Even after speaking to the supervisor he insists that my warranty is 1 year which doesn’t even make sense since it clearly states on multiple websites online that this model has a 2 year global warranty. I have sent in a request for an escalation on this case on their website but have not received a reply and the only other option I can think of is to sue them in small claims court. What do you guys think?

Zygomorphic
05-05-2013, 10:15 AM
I would try calling a different service center or the same one at a different time. Some of them have people who are obnoxious. Where exactly did you buy the laptop? You need to check the particular model, as some do only come with a 1-year warranty.

HiVizMan
05-05-2013, 11:22 AM
cl-albert is the on forum guy you need to pm.

exdr3am
05-05-2013, 07:17 PM
I have been calling the Canada Asus support number as it says on the website I need to obtain a RMA number there beforehand and to confirm the validity of my warranty claim before I contact the service centers. Laptop was bought in Richmond BC, Canada. Like I've said earlier I've done various searches online on my model and they all show that this model has a 2 year limited global warranty.

@HiVizMan
Thank you for the referral I will contact albert and hopefully he can resolve this issue.

Pitcher@asus
05-06-2013, 08:30 AM
how is now? did some one help you of asus service center? or are you provide your SN to PM at USA or Canada?

exdr3am
05-10-2013, 04:52 AM
I have provided the SN and info. about place and date of purchase to the call agents I spoke to and have just provided them to cl-albert as he just replied to me recently. The call agents I spoke to still insists that the warranty is 1 year. On my very first call when I asked them about the warranty policy for my model as I didn't receive a warranty booklet in the box, the call agent told me everything is as it is stated online(http://ca.asus.com/en/Notebooks/Versatile_Performance/K53SV/#specifications) assuring me that I have a 2 year warranty on my model so they will not send me a warranty booklet. I have called them again and insisted that they send me a warranty booklet this time within a week so that I can see the black and white of the warranty policy for myself otherwise I will proceed with suing.

Tiennn@Asus
05-17-2013, 11:25 PM
Did you ever hear back from cl-albert? Our notebooks either come with a one year or two year warranty. The warranty depends on the country of purchase as well as the reseller. A model from one reseller could come with a one year and the exact same model from another could come with a 2 year. The warranty length can be determined by the serial number. A phone rep with access to the RMA system and easily input the serial number and it will say, right on the screen, if the laptop has a one year or two year. It's pretty cut and dry. Assuming the first rep you spoke with at least entered in the s/n to check for you, I don't see where the misinformation could come from. Anyhow, I'm sure cl-albert knows what to do and can verify the warranty terms for you, once and for all.