PDA

View Full Version : G74sx overheating, Nvidia kernel stopped working, CPU idle temp 60.

Sttyx
05-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Hi guys,
just as the topic says. Well here is info, hope you can help me,where others(other sites) failed to even reply.

On saturday, while playing LoL, mine asus experienced his first time BSOD. System didnt create a dump so I dont know what caused it. On sunday, windows installed few updates for net framework 4.5 . Later that day, I experienced something I didnt saw for 2 years - nvidia graphic display nvlddmkm.sys stopped responding. Well it recovered and worked again for few mins. For 2 days I have been looking all over google to fix it. I clean installed several drivers, even one from asus support page, yet nothing worked.
I fixed somehow the nvlddmkm.sys but then I got another problem. Nvidia Kernel mode has stopped, and you know the rest. Funny thing is, it only happens when I am browsing the net, or watching video, or I just left my PC idle for few minutes. It never happend while under stress or while playing game. Well I think I know what stopped nvlddmkm problem. In Nvidia control panel, under global settings, I changed the power for GPU from adaptive to preffer max. performance(sorry if it isnt 100% correct, my nvidia panel is in different language so it is a rough translate). This stopped the nvlddmkm but started Nvidia kernel mode stopped responding and was recovered. I trying changing it back, and nvlddmkm started again but this time even with kernel.

Here is what my PC does when the driver is close to collapse. I hear my fan going up almost like to 100%, temp on GPU increase from idle 60 to 75-85, my idle core temp(which I guess is Intel i7 cores temp) raise from 65 to 85-90(quite high) and then finally the graphic driver crash. Then it is silent, and again in few mins(depends on what I am doing, while typing this it did not crashed, but while watching video it crash in 4-9mins intervals).

Now isnt it a little big temp for idle i7 ? Now I am only typing this, some proccess runing on backround,according to speedfan my CPU load is 17%, and yet I have 65-70 degrees on core(1-4). When I was conducting a stress for CPU (via Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool) it raised to 90-95 degree.

Now I didnt overclocked my GPU or CPU, all should be factory settings. My Core VID is 1.211-1.235 V, core speed 2594 MHz ( all from CPU -Z). I never raised my voltage for GPU or CPU. I have win7 64b, Nvidia GeForce 560M.

I red some info which could fix the driver problem, and they suggested to raise a voltage for GPU slightly or to downclock the GPU.

I hope you guys can help me, because I am desperate. Finals are coming and I dont have time to send it back to from who I bought it for a repair,because it would take them about a month to figure out what to do with it or where is the problem.

Sttyx
05-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Comon guys, this thing drives me crazy. Idle not doing a thing the driver crash every 2 to 5 minutes. Really nobody here has any advice ?

Pitcher@asus
05-09-2013, 02:15 AM
what and where is driver version do you install? from MVIDIA or ASUS support site?

dstrakele
05-09-2013, 02:24 AM
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?10885-G74sx-rising-temperature-Please-help gives you all the information you need.

1) If you have cleaned the fans on your G74SX and still get the high temperatures you report just by Browsing, you'll need to get a repaste to bring the temps down to normal levels.

2) If you didn't upgrade your Atheros WiFi driver from version 9.0.0.222 to 9.2.1.432 or later, you'll have high DPC Latency that will result in TDR errors you report, where Windows resets the GPU when it detects a 2 second delay. However, the high temperatures of your processors may be contributing to the problem.

You have to address your overheating issue.

PlaneName
05-09-2013, 02:45 AM
Edit: Make sure to read dstrakele thread he posted and about the Wifi issue, I also didn't know you already made a thread about this and you already got help there too.

I have encountered that error before on my old system. I might do a thread about this actually because this error is the biggest pain. Prepare for a long response.

Yes that nvlldmkm.sys error... it is a huge problem. The issue you are having is an TDR problem. There is actually a little fixed that Windows have provided. Firstly I would go to BIOS and set to default settings and clear CMOS before you go to these steps. See if clearing CMOS and defualt settings has actually make an improvement while on Windows for 10 minutes or so.

More info of TDR:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff570087%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

TDR fix:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946 (You can do it automatically if you don't feel comfortable doing it manually.)

Now this isn't a fixed but it will hopefully stop that hung error from the hardware that is causing that bug or error. Firstly I would unintall NVIDIA drivers by using Driver Sweeper and install this NVIDIA drivers:

Driver Sweeper:

http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/guru3d_driver_sweeper.html

Nvidia drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-306.97-whql-driver.html

Your GPU and CPU is kind of hot on idle especially on the small CPU usage. I'd did have an issue before with an GPU on idle at 30 C and when doing gaming or opening up 3d applications it jumps to 60-90C in just a few seconds... which wasn't normal. I might be guessing that your system is causing that error.

Your other problem might be running applications or hidden applications that is causing or using your CPU and GPU to heat up on idle. Firstly I would open your laptop and make sure to clean dusts off etc and make sure to add new thermal paste on CPU. If you haven't noticed any amount of change on temperature, it is something defiantly wrong with the system to heat up strangely on windows.

It also wouldn't hurt to go to BIOS and look at the temperature from there and see how your system is doing on BIOS. Now there is allot things you can do while your in Windows to check what applications is running on start-up. First of all go to start, run and type "msconfig".

- System configuration should pop up
- Click on Startup tab
- Make sure to un-checked every single of them.

Now Apply OK. This is the first bit of checking start-up programs, we also need to know the hidden start-up as well. OK while you got that done, restart your PC. If you see any changes of temperature or anything let me know - If it's still the same then we go to this step.

Its an anti-hack application that is checking what is running on your start-up. WARNING: This program is for experts if you delete or remove anything that requires a windows to start it will cause you to reboot Windows. So I wouldn't recommend this part to you but if you need help which ones to remove send a report to: http://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/default.aspxo tell you which files are suspicious, I can help also just send a PM to me if you like.

Here it is:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/
Now when you get the file downloaded and installed, run it as administrator.
Click on "Do a system scan and save a logfile" - the logfile you can send it to me.
After they scanned it they will show a big list of applications that are running.

More Info about those files:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38752

This where you checked things and remove, that's it. Remember be careful if you are not familiar with this or skip this step. So far so good, I have found these great applications as well, I just find these last 3 months and they've helped me allot.

http://www.resplendence.com/sanity

Its a helpful tool to tell which files are corrupted or errors.

These are also very helpful if you encounter BSOD:

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

They are both helpful and give accurate information. This will tell you your crash dumped files and what BSOD error. Now there is also this application to know if your system is stable, while running applications, games and so on:

http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Latencymon is a very helpful tool I thank Nodens for that tool. It really helps and show's which system file is the main root of the problem. You just get it download and installed then run the program and go to the "Drivers tab" and click on "Highest execution" to see which file is giving you high results and you will find out that the high results is related to your BSOD errors.

Now what was my nvldmkm.dll error was you are saying? my northbridge was dying. nvldmkm.dll can mean any part of hardware is malfunctioning, its not mainly on GPU. I'm guessing that your system might be malfunctioning causing those instability issues and temperature issues but lets hope not and hopefully its an software issue or your PC needs cleaning up.

This is my thread about the nvldmkm.dll error and I thank everyone who have supported me.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?24895-My-system-is-finally-dying!-(Yes!!-P)

If you don't want to go through this process, you always can reboot Windows (no internet) which will defiantly help to solve if it isn't software issue. If your system is still overheating and giving you that error its more likely to be an hardware issue.

Hope I helped.

grungeboy2
05-09-2013, 03:34 AM
sounds like the video card overheated to the point of causing permanent damage. the GPU may not be stable. especially if you're idleing on the desktop and still encountering this issue.

it's a long shot, but you could try a format. the only reason to try this would be to DISPROVE my theory. if you formatted and didn't encounter the issue, then it was a software issue.

HOWEVER, if my theory is correct and you've overheated the GPU to the point of causing permenent damage, no amount of software tweaking is going to save it.

Sttyx
05-09-2013, 10:23 AM
First of all, thank you for reply :)
Currently my GPU driver is from asus support and its 311. The most stable driver was 314.22(will be changing to that). I always use driver sweeper when installing drivers. Uninstall driver/boot do safe mode/use driver sweeper/reboot back/install new driver.

@ grungeboy
I would format if I can, but as I have a genuine windows 7, I dont have DVD for it, so I cant install it if I make a format. Altho I have a backup from the day I got the PC, which is only windows and few asus programs. I am living in a dorm and I am going home next weekend(16.5) so until then I cant format(If I want to have genuine win7).

@dstrakele
Thanks. I I know I wrote that thread and I red it before posting this. But still my asus is in warranty, all I can do is to check the fan but I cant repaste. In that thread I updated that I will use new Atheros driver, and I did. So now I have the correct driver as you mentioned it here. Also the info there is how to get the temps lower, and all I can do for it so to clean the fan, which even then wasn't dusty. But now its more serious as you can see, the temps back there were great compared to those I have now. While playing high end game like crysis 3 or age of conan near max settings, I have 80-90 degrees on GPU and CPU both and I dont crash, not even the nvlddmkm, or BSOD, nothing, the system runs great even with that high temp. While idle and I mean doing really nothing(reading a ebook/learning stuff for test/watching video), temp rise to 70-80 on GPU, and CPU 78-90 in a few seconds, and then the lower to normal temp, and again in few minutes they rise again. There was a virus which used GPU for diging some currency it started with iehunt or I cant remember, but I scaned my PC and I had no virus at all(few things which I know are not virus). And again while typing this reply which took me some time, the driver never crashed, and temps are on GPU 45, CPU 50-52...so the old thread cant help me in this matter so much. But I will clean the fan, but only when I am back at home. Last time I played torchlight 2(not so demanding game) and used speedfan to log temp via chart, and GPU was at stable 75 and CPU was 82-86 celsia. You or someone other mentioned throttling, and I tried and use ThrottleStop_400, while I get more FPS, my temps rised too much.

@PlaneName
Thanks for reply. I red it and got a few questions for you. But first of all, I tried checking BIOS temp. but I dont have them there(or I am blind). Also It seems I have kind of locked BIOS, cant change many things, only like time,password,boot order. I too had this problem on desktop rig I had, but I solved it - there was a trick to use cmd to extract a nvlddmkm.sy_ and to rename it to nvlddmkm.sys, and it worked for me. I tried it now and It didnt worked.
I know how to set everything to default settings in BIOS. And I will google how to clean CMOS(never did it before).
The TDR checking which is for 2 seconds I edited to 8. While the driver didnt crash so often, I could see when it hanged. Video stopped responding for example.
I though about unchecking all start up applications, and slowly checking them back to see which is causing the problem, but again finals are here and I dont have so much time, but I can do it this weekend.
Instead if HJT I can run RSIT which has HJT in it. I already have a log which is day or two old. I downloaded the programs you mentioned and after cleaning CMOS as you suggested I will run each of them and post details. The log from HJT or RSIT should I post it here or to you directly via pm ?

Sorry for bad english and mistakes.

PlaneName
05-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Glad you replied, you can post the both logs here, I'm sure some of us can tell you which files are suspicious. I also have done that little trick with the cmd before it also worked for the first time but it happened again. To clear CMOS you must disconnect the laptop from power, then remove the actual battery from the motherboard for 10-15 minutes, then place it back. I'm not sure if laptops have jumpers but that's the best way to go.

Now you have mention that your CPU and GPU are in fulload when browsing the net? If so you have to disable "Hardware Acceleration". If you are using a different browser you can type on google "disable hardware acceleration on (your browser). Also try change on your NVIDIA settings "Power management mode" to "adaptive", because when browsing the net your GPU will still go to full-load.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/271264-chrome-gpu-hardware-acceleration-turn-off.html

Hope we get this sorted out, my large guess would be an hardware issue as it did to me. Hopefully its an software issue, virus etc and not an hardware issue. Your English is just fine :) we will see you on the weekends. Normally I had an nvlddmkm.sys issue with this new rig I am using but that was my MSI afterburner settings causing it.

Remember nvlddmkm.sys can not only mean its the GPU it also can be any hardware issues or software causing an bug to the hardware.

PlaneName
05-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Its still very strange that your hardware heat up very quickly in just a few seconds by browsing the net and such. Yes like you said make sure to know by steps which files on start-up is causing your system to heat up. I'm almost to 100% that its an hardware issue with one of the hardware's or motherboard. Hope you get the bottom of it.

Sttyx
05-09-2013, 01:27 PM
I will edit this post instead of writing reply everytime I run of those programs that PlaneName mentioned. Sorry that long logs are in zip, I dont know any good file sharing website which is in english, because I use only those in my native language. So I uploaded them here in zip folder.
@ PlaneName
Actualy you got it wrong. When I am doing something(constat mouse moving :D ) it doesnt crash. While I am typing it doesnt crash, If I leave my PC idle at win desktop/some websie/watching video/reading stuff then it crash,but only then, if I play a flash game it doesnt crash,If I play normal game it doesnt crash, If I am coding something in codeblock or matlab or Eclipse it doesnt crash, but I leave it alone for few minutes and it crashes.. The temps not always rise to 80-85 degree, sometimes only to 70 or 75.

Its like this, while typing this reply, or while activly browsing web, my CPU load is max 5%. My temps right now are GPU 59, CPU 60(all cores). Now I will left everything like is, start chart in speedfan, and return here in 5 minutes and post the spikes. Ok I am posting the chart

EDIT : I forgot to mention, only thing that was runing was a windows media player but it wasnt playing anything(forgot to turn it off), speedfan, and firefox(well beside all those process that normaly run always)

EDIT 2 : this is a screenshot of the chart when I started typing this and when I actualy used the PC.

EDIT 3 : Rsit log :

EDIT 4 : Sanity Check :
Processes with suspicious filenames have been detected
The process javaw.exe is suspicious as it is trying to appear as a a standard Windows process.

Information about the responsible process javaw.exe:

file path: C:\program files (x86)\syncables\syncables desktop\jre\bin\javaw.exe
product: Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U17
description: Java(TM) Platform SE binary
company: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Processes are running without company, product and description information

The process asgt.exe does not have any product, company or description information.
Information about the responsible process asgt.exe:
file path: C:\windows\syswow64\asgt.exe ( this driver always crash when I look it up in event viewer as some others few minutes after windows boot up, can send event viewer info about them if needed)

The process vawinservice.exe does not have any product, company or description information.
Information about the responsible process vawinservice.exe:
file path: C:\expressgateutil\vawinservice.exe

Some driver entry points are being hijacked by other modules
Module bthport.sys is overwriting one or more dispatch entry points of other drivers running in the system. This controversial technique could be the work of malware running in the system but it could also be the work of legitimate software.
Information about the responsible module bthport.sys:
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\bthport.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
description: Bluetooth Bus Driver
company: Microsoft Corporation

EDIT 5 : WhoCrashed could not find any dump as when the BSOD happend, no dump was created(dont know why).

EDIT 6 : Latencymon first it was ok, saing my pc is capable of runing audio and video. now after 26 mins, it sais my PC have trouble playing audio and video, that one or mroe DPC routines that belong to a driver running in my system apear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running my system apear to be executing for too long. At least one dettected problem appears to be network related. One problem may be related to power managment, disable CPU throttling setting in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Thats what the program said to me.

PlaneName
05-09-2013, 10:09 PM
OK reading the report now, and will give you a reply soon. As for Whocrashed, did you analyze it first?

PlaneName
05-10-2013, 12:35 AM
Thanks these logs are helpful, and thanks for explaining more about the cause of your crash. Is the crash the nvlddmkm.sys BSOD? Remember let the BSOD finish making the dump files then your laptop should reset by itself, if not you can wait for 3min then turn it off. Thanks for the graph and that's not normal especially the typing graph and your idle temps. What is your ambient temperature in room?

Suspicious files: that need to be removed in Hijack:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {074C1DC5-9320-4A9A-947D-C042949C6216} - (no file)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe (file missing)

Later it will be removed:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Wireless Console 3] C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\Wireless Console 3\wcourier.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ASUS Screen Saver Protector] C:\Windows\AsScrPro.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USBChargerPlusTray] C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\USBChargerPlus\USBChargerPlus.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATKOSD2] C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATKOSD2\ATKOSD2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATKMEDIA] C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Media\DMedia.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HControlUser] C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey\HControlUser.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Syncables] C:\Program Files (x86)\syncables\syncables desktop\Syncables.exe
O23 - Service: ASGT - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ASGT.exe
O23 - Service: ASLDR Service (ASLDRService) - ASUS - C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey\ASLDRSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Asus process privilege adjust service (AsusUacSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Asus\Rotation Desktop for G Series\AsusUacSvc.exe
O23 - Service: ATKGFNEX Service (ATKGFNEXSrv) - ASUS - C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATKGFNEX\GFNEXSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management Service (LMS) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\LMS\LMS.exe
Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Management and Security Application User Notification Service (UNS) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\UNS\UNS.exe

These files above also might be the problem as ASUS software's sometimes causes instability issues.

Don't remove them on Hijack you must uninstall it normally one by one: (To know the exact one)

- Wireless Console 3
- ASUS Screen Saver Protector (Maybe screensaver caused the error, while you leave your pc idle, this still should removed as its not needed).
- USBChargerPlus
- ATK Package (all of them)
- syncables (then go to C:\program files (x86)\syncables\ delete everything there) (for now)
- GPU Tweak (for now)
- Rotation Desktop for G Series
- Intel management (for now)
- WinPcap
- THX TruStudio (for now)

These are all unnecessary let windows take care of it. The one with brackets (for now) I will tell them when to install them back. Need to restart your PC after you have removed one software at a time. Then we move down to this step.

GPU Tweak:

Uninstall the application (As I'm sure you did on the first step) and get the latest one here:

http://event.asus.com/vga/2012/gpu_tweak/#/downloads - It might be a profile is still saved and its still effecting the iGPU. (This will require your PC to restart) make sure you open GPU tweak and set it on default and remove old profiles it has any still.

Now this is also what software that need to be completely uninstalled: (one by one)

- Java
- NVIDIA
- Adobe Flash player plugin and AX

Re install NVIDIA first, then Direct X

Java:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_jre_32/ - 64-bit

Nvidia:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/59645

Adobe Flash player:

http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Need latest update of Direct X:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=35

As for this system file:

bthport.sys - That's your Bluetooth, disable that for now, laptop or through device manager.

This might be the cause of some heat issue:

O4 - Startup: Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\Intel\TurboBoost\SignalIslandUi.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.0 (TurboBoost) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\TurboBoost\TurboBoost.exe

Uninstall this software, and go to BIOS and disable Intel turbo boost. You also said you have some kind of locked BIOS? hmm I think its passworded? or make sure you look at the tabs and press left and right. Disable Intel speed step as well.

Now looking through Latency report:

OK ndis.sys is related to network your wireless adapter. I might think this could be one of the file that goes to the BSOD issue. Remember if you just have the BSOD, wait for it until your laptop has restarted itself. The two software that you downloaded from me for BSOD should report the detailed files.

For example I may think the error probably is:

nvlddmkm.sys
ndis.sys

This will tell you that its related to any part of your network.

nvlddmkm.sys
dxgkrnl.sys

This will tell you its related to your GPU.

I also been looking at this one.

wmpnetwk.exe - This one is your Windows Media Player and you should turn off media sharing or use this link. http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6142_102-226185/wmpnetwk-exe-keeps-tying-up-my-resources/

The application "bluescrren view" or "Whocrashed" might can't collect the dump file, might be removed with your anti-virus such as Spybot or Bitdefender. Make sure to disable them or change a setting that doesn't clean the dump files or temp folders. If you are still having problems after going with all these steps, disable your wifi and see if it BSOD when its on idle.

Will wait for your response and good luck.

Sttyx
05-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Thank you for reply. I will read it(again) and do what you mentioned there. But first of all a little info.
Today I uninstal Nvidia and installed Nvidia 314.22(cleaning with driver sweeper and Ccleaner). One hour went by and only one crash of nvlddmkm.sys or more likely Nvida kernel mode stopped responding. Also I did a little experiment, I let the PC disconnected to the internet for few minutes, and this is what speedfan reported :
I started it about 5mins after booting windows, but for the 10 mins or so it was without internet. Now here I post another chart of temp. when I connected PC to the internet and let it idle for an hour.

As you can see, without the Internet, my PC idle is fine or acceptable. But with internet it just rise up, and of course the crash of nvidia kernel comes. The last hour that the speedfan ran, I let pc to be idle because I wasnt here. The speedfan graph time is wrong. If you look at the first one I uploaded in this post, the starting time is 12:58, and if you look on the other one the end time is 14:08, thats the time when the PC was idle.

Now in Event Viewer there are couple of System errors :
\SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\ANGELNT.SYS has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver. ----now the ANGELNT.SYS doesnt work, Also the drivers/service that crash or somehow cannot be runned are : atksgt , lirsgt , sptd , trufos.
Also another problem in Event Viewer was this :
The DNS proxy agent was unable to allocate 0 bytes of memory. This may indicate that the system is low on virtual memory, or that the memory manager has encountered an internal error.

Hopefully it help you, because I have no idea why or what is causing those drivers to crash or not to boot up at start.
For now it should be all, I will again update this post with another info until you reply again.

EDIT : I forgot to mentioned, I do not have any BSOD ! I got one on 4.May and the crashdump said its 100% done, but the PC was stuck at the blue screen for more than 10 minutes, so I hard reset it(no reset button, had to hold down the power button). When I booted up, everything was normal, I wanted to locate the minidump but it wasnt in the folder. Also maybe important info, the nvidia problems started acting up on 5.May around 2PM. Until then even after BSOD everything was fine.
Ambient temp. in my room is around 20 degree.

EDIT 2 : about HJT, the first problem you listen it fixed, it is not there anymore, but the
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) is still there and HJT is unable to fix it.
Also all those items you mentioned are mostly for Asus as I got them with the PC and they never did any harm( I think ) also the wireless console is my wifi if I want to enable it(which sometimes I need). Also the UsbCharger - can I charge my phone and other stuff even if it is uninstalled ?
I dont have a screensaver enabled. Never had. But ok I will do as you said, maybe somewhere there is a problem.
One more thing, when I boot up, the Intel turbo boost tech. is ok, monitoring as it should. After a nvlddmkm or nvidia kernel stopped responding, the Intel turbo boost tech. also stop responding and had to be manually shut down via win.manager.
I will remove those programs after you reply to this "new info from me" because there is some new info you might need to know. Thank you :)

PlaneName
05-10-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm loving that first graph that's what it should be, its better than your previous graphs on idle :). So the nvlddmkm.sys error wasn't reported when you disable the internet?. We might be heading the right track and hopefully this error might due to your wireless adapter drivers or software that is controlling the internet. Just reading through and you haven't had a single BSOD only just an error on event viewer that "nvlddmkm.sys has stopped working, then it recovered"?

This quote:

"This may indicate that the system is low on virtual memory, or that the memory manager has encountered an internal error."

As I have seen on your latency report, wmpnetwk.exe (Windows Media PlayerNetwork) is using most of the virtual memory. wmpnetwk.exe - This one is your Windows Media Player and you should turn off media sharing or use this link to completely stop the file.

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6142_102...-my-resources/

As for wireless console you don't need it. You can enable it from control panel "network connections" or through your laptop. Yes I'm also sure you don't need USB charger software for your phone, your phone should be charging without it (I'm sure as I don't use it). Remove the screensaver too it might still affecting the screen saver settings.

Yes I know most of them are mainly ASUS software but there are many complaints about ASUS software and you don't really need them to be honest as Windows will find the drivers for you. We will remove them later because as I said we might nearly find the root of the problem.

I'm about to go to sleep its almost midnight here, I'm sorry if I skip something important but those things I have mentioned there you should give it ago and uninstall those three first. I'm sure you will find the root of the problem soon and quicker than me by this night :)

Now in Event Viewer there are couple of System errors :
\SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\ANGELNT.SYS has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver. ----now the ANGELNT.SYS doesnt work, Also the drivers/service that crash or somehow cannot be runned are : atksgt , lirsgt , sptd , trufos.

As for that quote I will be looking at that tomorrow. OK goodnight and good luck will see you tomorrow :)

Sttyx
05-10-2013, 10:11 PM
I had a BSOD on saturday 4 of May, but that was only one, the nvlddmkm started acting up on the following day.
I removed those 3 programs you mentioned and everything is ok. Well beside the nvlddmkm.sys. I still can charge my phone :)
The service which use win media player is disabled so it cant start on boot or whenever.
My little experiment. I booted up win, let it idle and there it was, nvlddmkm stopped responding. So I unpluged my connection to net, and I could enjoy watching a film, or doing nothing and the driver was ok, no crash or what-so-ever...so I connected my pc to net, and soon enough the crash occurred. So as you said, it is tied to internet. Hopefully we can determine what is causing that. I am going to sleep now as its midnight here, so I will respond to you in 9-11 hours :D depends on my sleep :D

PlaneName
05-11-2013, 12:58 AM
OK That's great news!. I also saw this software installed on your PC in Hijack which concerned me a little: (As I have mentioned above) Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe

just went through their website:[/B]
http://www.winpcap.org/

So I unpluged my connection to net

I don't believe "pcap" is your drivers for your adapter or are using an Wireless USB or modem from that company? Its also one of your running programs on start-up. I just read more about Winpcap it's more likely changing network configuration and networking monitor. This maybe the cause, remove it as you don't need that software for now. Also make sure you delete everything from that folder, so Windows won't install them. Give me a report if you notice any change before we move down.

OK we will might soon find the culprit, we will be checking what files isn't' running perfectly without internet:

First make sure you have this downloaded:

Atheros Wireless Lan Driver - As dstrakele have mentioned that the 9.2.1.432 or later version will help you with the TDR problem you might be having. You might have not done this step properly, and now we will do it.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/WLAN/WLAN_Atheros_Win7_64_Z921470.zip

Steps:

1. Disable your adapter (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections) - If you have somehow more than one adapter disable them too. Make sure in device manager that they are disabled (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System).

2. Uninstall the network adapters drivers through device manager. Make sure you still aren't connected to the internet.

3. Shut down the laptop, then turn it on and press F8 repeatedly until you see advanced start-up options (safemode, restore mode etc...). You must go to "safemode" (This will not allow to go to the internet).

4. Now while your in Windows if you see on task-bar installing drivers for network adapters (which shouldn't because you wont be able to see\windows disable your network adapters in safe mode), make sure to uninstall them through device manger again. Now do a Hijack, SanityCheck and Latencymon for 10 minutes scan and send the log files here again.

5. I will wait for those logs or you can move head to step 6 as I only will read what report has changed. Firstly do a scan with your anti-virus tool and CCleaner. Also give me a report if you notice anything different in safe mode with temperature and so on.

6. Turn off your laptop, then while your in Windows install the drivers that I have put up. I will post it here again: (Remember make sure you disable or turn off Wireless on your laptop while going to windows). After you have installed the drivers by enabling the drivers through device manger, you can give me a report what you have found new after you've done all this.

To install drivers manually you need to extract that driver you have downloaded. Go to:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System (We wont do this step because the zip folder is already has a setup, but this will tell you how to install drivers manually) At this time you really don't need to, just extract the zip folder and install it from there.

Then you should see device manager to your left. Find your network adapter, double click it:
Then go to the "driver" tab, then "update driver" tab. "Browse my computer for driver software" then you should browse the folder where you have extracted, then click next. It will now install the drivers.

Atheros Wireless Lan Driver
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/WLAN/WLAN_Atheros_Win7_64_Z921470.zip

7. We will see how we are going and then we will do the old steps I have done above.

As for this file "ANGELNT.SYS" - this might due on your drivers or applications that isn't compatible with windows or something that isn't installed correctly, which we might be heading into in this post.

dstrakele
05-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Interesting temperature results when not connected to the internet.

Check your Wireless Network Adapter in Device Manager. If it displays as "Atheros WB9002-1NG", confirm the driver version reported in the "Drivers" tab of "Properties" is 9.2.1.470 or later. If not, download it from
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/WLAN/WLAN_Atheros_Win7_64_Z921470.zip, as provided in the previous post.

I'd recommend UNinstalling the current WiFi driver from Control Panel, then reboot, extract the files from the ZIP file you downloaded, then run SETUP.EXE from the extracted file set.

PlaneName
05-11-2013, 01:49 AM
Interesting temperature results when not connected to the internet. Check your Wireless Network Adapter in Device Manager. If it displays as "Atheros WB9002-1NG", confirm the driver version reported in the "Drivers" tab of "Properties" is 9.2.1.470 or later. If not, download it from
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/WLAN/WLAN_Atheros_Win7_64_Z921470.zip.

The previously provided ASUS website link has only earlier version Atheros drivers which cause high DPC Latency.

Yes I just noticed that, thanks links are fixed.

Sttyx
05-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Yes I have Atheros WB9002-1NG, and even the driver number 9.2.1.470.
PlaneName - so even that I have the driver, I should follow your step and reinstall it anyway ?
I dont have anything from winpcap, I dont know why I installed it. I can not remember. I am connected via cable on dorm and I dont know about their switches or routers. At home I am connected to a router which I know how to control, but I dont remember its name (bad memory of a Engineer student :D )

EDIT : now I know why I got the winpcap...it was part of a program called GNS 3 which is program for simulating network, building network, managing network, as I am studying CISCO, this program is better than packet tracer...and the winpcap was part of it. But I have removed it. Ok I am going to follow your steps now.

PlaneName
05-11-2013, 10:57 AM
No problem :). Yes proceed to my steps, making sure "wincap" doesn't interfere with the process.
I will wait for your response.

Good luck.

Sttyx
05-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Ok so here new info. I did as you said. Now in the safe mode, the sanitycheck could not work(because safemode) and also latencymon could not run, because some driver did not boot up while in safemode.
Now I did uninstall the Atheros wifi driver, also my Realtek PCI GBE Familly Controler. While in safemode, non of these were installed. But there was a load of new network adapters, for example for pop,smt,ipv4,ipv6 etc. Now I did not remove those( did not know if I should). I run Ccleaner, some stuff from nvidia was still there, and unused programs. BUT !!! windows could not update the Atheros Driver(in safemode from folder/ in normal mode from internet)!! So now I have unrecognised network controller which is my wifi, and even I used setum from the rar you send link me, yet the driver was not installed as it is not in device manager.
When I booted back to windows, I got this problem :
Zadany modul sa nepodarilo najst - means that the module was not found.

Also I did sanitycheck while in normal win, and the same result - jawaw.exe, asgt.exe , vawinservice.exe and bthport.sys (BT is disabled) ...

HJT Log

and here I post you a spybot search and destroy logs of what it did from the time I installed it on 5.5(I think). maybe it can help you but it is a dull reading.

Now I will update this post with Latencymon log in next 10 minutes.
So here is a latencymon

And here is a Speedfan graph while PC was idle - that kind of idle that caused nvlddmkm.sys crash.

dstrakele
05-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Some drivers use Windows Installer for installation. Windows Installer will not run in Safe Mode.

Sttyx
05-11-2013, 01:49 PM
I tryed installing the Atheros wifi driver in normal boot and it is still as unrecognised network controller.

dstrakele
05-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Are you certain you have an Atheros WiFi Network Adapter? Some models of the G74SX ship with an Intel WiFi card.

I see in your earlier post you reported an earlier version Atheros WiFi driver installed on your G74SX, so unless you changed it out since then, I will assume it is still the Atheros card. Maybe a screenshot of Device Manager can help here.

Confrirm your Wireless radio is turned ON for the driver installation.

1) Are any errors reported during the 9.2.1.470 version installation?

2) Are there any Errors or Warnings reported in the Windows System or Application Event Logs referencing the Atheros driver or WiFi card?

Sttyx
05-11-2013, 04:38 PM
I will still leave here the errors in Event viewer, at the end of post is updated info about Atheros wifi driver.

System errors in Event viewer :
1.Name resolution for the name www.p2pxp.info timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded. ---I wasnt on that site and dont know what it is. 1time
2.The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR2. ---like 7 times in a 10 minutes, dont know why, then couple hours of nothing and again 5 to 10 times this error(but not while installing Atheros)
3.Following drivers required to start device or system failed during reading(rough translate)
sptd & trufos ---few times per day for an unknown time.
4. The ICS_IPV6 was unable to allocate bytes of memory. This may indicate that the system is low on virtual memory, or that the memory manager has encountered an internal error. - few times today, mostly while I was DISCONNECTED from network.
5&6. Launching of a service lirsgt & atksgt failed because windows could not verify digital signature.---few times today
7. \SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\ANGELNT.SYS has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver. ----few times today
8. Warning only - the service of automatic WLAN configuration has successfully stopped ---few times today
9. Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for . - source sptd(that driver or service or what is it has trouble with launching it self and crash often) ---few times today
10. DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service MSIServer with arguments "" in order to run the server: {000C101C-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} ---have no idea about this one, but it is coupled with other errors related to network as at that time I UNPLUGGED my connection for a period of time.

Application errors in Event Viewer :
1. .NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.18034 - There was a failure initializing profiling API attach infrastructure. This process will not allow a profiler to attach. HRESULT: 0x80004005. Process ID (decimal): 7240. Message ID: [0x2509]. last time 14:33 gmt +2, 3 times today.
2. Couple errors related to search(like I was searching something in windows ? ) for example :
The plug-in in <Search.TripoliIndexer> cannot be initialized.
Context: Windows Application, SystemIndex Catalog
Details:
Element could not be found. (HRESULT : 0x80070490) (0x80070490)
3.The program SignalIslandUi.exe version 2.1.23.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel. ----because of the nvlddmkm crash !!!

And thats all for today errors.

EDIT : Atheros wifi driver now installed. The provided driver form PlaneName was wrong version for me.( ???)
I have downloaded Atheros AR9002WB v.10.0.0.221 and windows has installed it and now it works. But also the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter is now installed and working ...I red on some forums that this thing, the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter is causing nvlddmkm.sys problems. Will monitor temps while connected to net and being idle. Will report back

PlaneName
05-12-2013, 12:03 AM
I haven't said to install the drivers on safe mode, the network adapters are disabled on safemode which will not be shown on device manager or network connections. The drivers you have downloaded from me was the same drivers that you had before, on step 6 is where you install the drivers without going in safe mode. As dstrakele mentioned you might forget to turn on your Wifi through laptop to install the drivers. At least you got the latest version of the drivers installed, that will be fine.

While in safemode, non of these were installed. But there was a load of new network adapters, for example for pop,smt,ipv4,ipv6 etc.

This is interesting, yes you shouldn't see any network adapters on safemode only in "safemode with networking". I need a screenshot of that, where they in network connections or device manager? - Are they in both or in one of them?

http://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20553&d=1368275042&thumb=1

This error, I was waiting for that error to pop up because rundll32 shouldn't be running with suspicious files, mostly rundll runs with NVIDIA dlls (My Rundll32 don't run on Windows 7, I remember on Windows XP experience I have most viruses uses Rundll32 to operate their code to function). As I see on your first hijack report about this issue. The file might be removed with CCLeaner or one of your anti-viruses on safemode. The tsiVi132.dll file, I never heard of it also trying to find out more through windows forums and so on and there was no report of that file anywhere. This only comes to me: http://tsivideo.com/ but its not anything I know. Do you know what it is tsiVideo? If you don't know and what is this file it might be a malware. The file is removed but RUNDLL is still controlled (coded) to run that file, that's why the error pop up. (We will look at that soon).

SignalIslandUi.exe

This is one is related to Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor and you saying that nvlddmkm caused it to crash? Uninstall that next. As for the spybot log files, I am not experience with it, I would report your sbybot logs to their forums and get help there.

4. The ICS_IPV6 was unable to allocate bytes of memory. This may indicate that the system is low on virtual memory, or that the memory manager has encountered an internal error. - few times today, mostly while I was DISCONNECTED from network.

It means your network configuration is configured wrong. Or a software want to be configured through ipv6 when mainly it should be on v4. Try going in your adapters, right click on it and properties and make unchecked ipv6.

As for your graph idle temps those high peeks have me a bit concerned. Well not much as CPU generally spikes when idle but the last sector of the graph was interesting as 44C is measuring your idle temps. The first and middle part of the graph showing something that is running then it stops on 11-13min. Its not clearly showing your CPU resting. It might still loading applications or not loading fast enough.

That's all I can tell you today, because its Mothers Day here and going to the beach house with my mother and the family for 2 days. Hope you find the solution soon and make sure report your logs to the sbybot forums. I will see you soon.

Happy Mothers Day!

grungeboy2
05-12-2013, 06:53 AM
First of all, thank you for reply :)

@ grungeboy
I would format if I can, but as I have a genuine windows 7, I dont have DVD for it, so I cant install it if I make a format. Altho I have a backup from the day I got the PC, which is only windows and few asus programs. I am living in a dorm and I am going home next weekend(16.5) so until then I cant format(If I want to have genuine win7).

save this (http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59465.iso), it's a official download for Windows 7 64-bit, in iso format. it's a regular version from microsoft that allows you to download, burn a DVD

OR

my personal favorite, install it to a USB Thumb Drive using this tool (http://images2.store.microsoft.com/prod/clustera/framework/w7udt/1.0/en-us/Windows7-USB-DVD-tool.exe).

Once you do this, you can make a small partition on your main drive, or a secondary (my preference), of about 4 to 8 GB. Once that's done, and Windows is installed, I drag the Windows DVD/Thumb Drive's contents to the folder. I also make another folder in that partition that has the ASUS Drivers and installer program, along with a copy of the newest, stable Nvidia driver.

If anything happens after that, you'll be prepared to handle a format in record time and without needing anything other than the laptop itself.

Sttyx
05-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Sorry that I am responding now, I am kind of busy,
Ok so here are answers :
@ grungeboy
Thank you, will use that if I have any problems in the future. Thanks.

@ PlaneName
This is what you said I should do :
3. Shut down the laptop, then turn it on and press F8 repeatedly until you see advanced start-up options (safemode, restore mode etc...). You must go to "safemode" (This will not allow to go to the internet).

4. Now while your in Windows if you see on task-bar installing drivers for network adapters (which shouldn't because you wont be able to see\windows disable your network adapters in safe mode), make sure to uninstall them through device manger again. Now do a Hijack, SanityCheck and Latencymon for 10 minutes scan and send the log files here again.

After I red it I though I have to run those programs in safemode. It was unclear.
I will make you a screenshot tomorrow, too much work(study) to do.
I dont know what is that TsiVideo, I have no idea, maybe part of some codecs ? DOnt know.
My connection on my dorm is half ipv4 and ipv6, while some addresses are in ipv4, DNS and def.gateway is ipv6. But as I did not have a internet connection at that time, that was the reason why the error occurred
I have been monitoring my temp, while playing its from 70-85. While idle, no program running( right after boot while I did not started any programs beside speedfan) the tem is 36-42. I will make another latencymon if you want.

Ok so I passed one of my exams, now I ll have some time.
Here are the screenshot of a network adapters under device manager when I was in safe mode.

PlaneName
05-15-2013, 11:20 PM
Ok so I passed one of my exams, now I ll have some time.
Here are the screenshot of a network adapters under device manager when I was in safe mode.

First of all congrats on one of your exams. Oh I see its normal, you are showing hidden devices and I don't see anything that Is suspicious. Any changes yet with the internet connected? or still the same?

The TSIvideo is more likely to be a malware as I can't find any information about it. I would now go to a Windows forums or Computer Hope forums to further investigate the issue:

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?board=7.0

Send the logs to them and hopefully they will answer. Will wait for your response :)

Sttyx
05-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Hi, well no change. My temps are about 40-50 while idle, while playing 70-90 depends on the game. So its good.
In a month I will send my laptop to my retailer, so they check it, clean dust and repaste it. Also they will format my HDDs, so I will get rid of the TSI.

Anyway the TSIvideo is removed, but as you said, there is some code which rundll try to run, but everytime it fail. So If I try to delete that code somehow the TSI would be removed completely right ?

PlaneName
05-23-2013, 12:40 AM
Hi, well no change. My temps are about 40-50 while idle, while playing 70-90 depends on the game. So its good.
In a month I will send my laptop to my retailer, so they check it, clean dust and repaste it. Also they will format my HDDs, so I will get rid of the TSI.

Anyway the TSIvideo is removed, but as you said, there is some code which rundll try to run, but everytime it fail. So If I try to delete that code somehow the TSI would be removed completely right ?

Hey sorry for late reply very busy with the family. OK yes you re-enter the code of rundll by following this steps:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/what-is-rundll32exe-and-why-is-it-running/

I will try to look for more information for your problem. Its still very strange that connecting to the internet is causing heat issues, which I have never encounter before or heard anything like that before. As I said It's still might be a malfunction adapter, incorrect settings or anything that causing the system to blockade. Those temps seems fine or your saying that idle temps are still in the high 80 when connecting to the internet?

Yes go to the store and hopefully they clean it well and hopefully it was an software issue, make sure you tell them about the issue with your internet connection. Will wait for any good news.

Sttyx
05-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Thanks for reply.
Well, you missed one piece of information.
When I uninstalled the wifi driver, the temps get back to normal. Then I installed correct drivers for my wifi(those you provided were wrong). Now my temps are normal, idle on GPU 40> and on CPU its around 38-42 while idle(not doing a thing).

So its great. No more nvlddmkm.sys driver issue, no problems at all. Well there may be problems which I dont know about.

PlaneName
05-24-2013, 01:38 AM
The drivers I send you was the right one but an older version, glad you find the latest version. Glad it all worked out Sttyx.