PDA

View Full Version : Asus G46VW trying to configure intel SRT

xOneRob
05-09-2013, 06:19 PM
hi guys!

ive been trying to configure the intel SRT with the 750gbHDD and a Crucial M4 64Gb but i cant make it work.
ive already tried installing the drivers during the instalation of windows with the sata mode in RAID, but when I install the rapid storage program, in the tab Performance I dont get the options to enable Smart Response Technology.

thanks!

/* im from Argentina, so english its not my native language, please dont be grammar nazis haha. */

Matrix Leader
05-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Smart response technology? what in the world are you talking about?

Dr Tone
05-09-2013, 06:29 PM
You have a hybrid drive. The drive itself takes care of caching. If you had a small separate ssd drive, then you could enable Smart Response.

xOneRob
05-09-2013, 07:00 PM
You have a hybrid drive. The drive itself takes care of caching. If you had a small separate ssd drive, then you could enable Smart Response.

no, the Hdd that comes with the G46 is a 750GB 5400rpm. I added a Msata SSD (crucial M4 64gb).

Mystery-_-Man
05-09-2013, 08:03 PM
No clue why nobody else seems to know what is going on. Pretty simple :/

Please refer to this article for assistance: http://www.pcworld.com/article/248828/how_to_setup_intel_smart_response_ssd_caching_tech nology.html

Hope this helps! :)

I have mine preconfigured by HIDevolution, but these steps should work.

xOneRob
05-09-2013, 11:49 PM
No clue why nobody else seems to know what is going on. Pretty simple :/

Please refer to this article for assistance: http://www.pcworld.com/article/248828/how_to_setup_intel_smart_response_ssd_caching_tech nology.html

Hope this helps! :)

I have mine preconfigured by HIDevolution, but these steps should work.

Ive already followed all that steps But it doesn't work! I don't know what is wrong :(

Mystery-_-Man
05-11-2013, 12:28 AM
That is strange. I have no clue what could be happening. Anyone else have any clue?

Vicodin
05-11-2013, 06:54 AM
So to confirm, are you booting in RAID mode? If you are, you should be able to do it. You may need to make sure the crucial is not formatted. So when right click on my computer, and click manage, then disk management, it says unallocated on the crucial ssd. I set it up for my friends Alienware. His laptop came with a 500gb HDD, and a 32gb SSD for cache, but it was not set up. At first I couldn't do it because the SSD was formatted with a single partition. I deleted the partition so it was unallocated, then click on the drive in IRST and used it as a cache. Hope this helps.

(In other words, if you go to my computer, and you can see the SSD, then it will not work. When you remove the partition, you wont see it. You can only see it in the disk management option, or in the IRST software.)

xOneRob
05-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Thats exactly what I'm doing :'(

Mystery-_-Man
05-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Perhaps take it to a local computer shop and see if they can help. If you bought this from HIDevolution, call them and get them to walk through this and troubleshoot it. It is tough to troubleshoot via text :/

antonpetr
05-01-2014, 07:02 AM
Thats exactly what I'm doing :'(

Same thing with me.... Installed 64Gb SSD, switched to RAID in bios, then reinstalled windows, installed Intel SRT Driver and no option to activate SSD cache in srt gui....
xOneRob, have you solved the issue?