PDA

View Full Version : False Starts on G74SX, fresh from the service center.

TheBlackShogun
05-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi. I'm pretty much a frequenter on these boards by now, :confused:.

I just recently got my ASUS G74sx back from the Markham Repair centre (I live in Canada). I finally sent it in just in time for a warranty repair, due to my DC Jack not working, my AC adapter being defective, and my fan being loud and vibrating the entire unit. It was fixed much above schedule, it was supposed to be done on the 13th, but I got it back on the 9th. I was happy because I used my computer alot.

I get back and they pretty much reformatted my hard drive. No big deal. I just began to re download everything I had onto it. I haven't finished all of the windows updates though, but all of my software was up to date.

Then I turned the computer up to install the first update.

That was the first time I got the issue, it happened the day I got my computer back. It only happened about 3 times though, so I just ignored it and figured that it was just me being an idiot somehow.

Then it happened again today. It was really scary, since I'm at school and I need to take these notes. Nonetheless, I was eventually able to turn it back on.

The issue is that all of the lights (Sans Keyboard and no display) will turn on.... and then the computer will turn itself off. Then sometimes all of the lights will turn on (Sans Keyboard and no display).... and then the system will just be like that until I force a restart. Then I'll do it again and again until it finally decides it wants to turn on. This happened after I set my computer to hibernate for about an hour, btw. Like I said, it could just be me.

I just want to ask if this is just a software problem, or a hardware problem. If so, then how can I fix it? My warranty is done, so I hope it isn't anything big.

TheBlackShogun
05-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Discovered another problem, in that my display brightness can't be adjusted. Please help.

Pitcher@asus
05-13-2013, 02:05 AM
how do you make the update? for ASUS life update utility or download from website? could you know what is part of repair in Markham Repair centre?

dstrakele
05-13-2013, 03:22 AM
I get back and they pretty much reformatted my hard drive. No big deal. I just began to re download everything I had onto it. I haven't finished all of the windows updates though, but all of my software was up to date.

This may be the point where your problem occurs. You installed some software that does not play nice with Windows Hibernation and/or Sleep.

You might also check http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?23087-***SOLVED***-G75VW-Reboot-after-Hibernation&country=&status=to see if the reboot behavior is similar to that reported in the thread and if you have a similar BIOS setting you can set in a similar manner.

TheBlackShogun
05-14-2013, 12:28 AM
UPDATE:

Well this is great. My laptop isn't taking charge, and wouldn't turn on after Hibernation. I kept trying over and over, and now it's dead. I get no response at all from it. So I guess that's a motherboard failure.