PDA

View Full Version : G75v

Robs9021
05-12-2013, 05:09 AM
Hello. My G75V suddenly shuts off with no warning. I acquired it last November. Last time I was playing Age of Empires III, but in the previous occasion I was just doing homework. My old Toshiba used to have a similar problem, but it was due to overheating while gaming, and it stopped after cleaning it. In this case I don't think that's the problem because it doesn't gets too hot.

I've read other threads, but in other cases people's laptops would reboot after the crash, and that's not happening to me, so I started a new one.

Help would be very appreciated.

rewben
05-12-2013, 05:18 AM
can you please check the cpu/gpu temperatures using hwinfo64 by opening up the sensor page? (you can open up the sensor page, then play your game).

i think it's likely the case of overheating, if you haven't done much to cleaning up the vents and fans.

Pitcher@asus
05-13-2013, 03:21 AM
what is your VGA driver version? is it download from asus support site or NVIDIA website?

Matrix Leader
05-13-2013, 04:37 AM
I recommend you only stick to ASUS official drivers for your specific laptop model and not get the latest drivers from nVIDIA or Intel