PDA

View Full Version : Fn key doesnt work

thphlstr
08-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Hello, i just did a re-install of my operating system and everything went fine and dandy. But after i had closed my laptop after the re-install, i noticed that my Fn had a lag to it.
Any combination of Fn+ any of the Fkeys worked after a 10 second delay. After googling it i saw someone mention the driver may be out dated. So i went and downloaded the ATK file for my computer. After installing it i had to restart and now the Fn doesnt work.
It still will dim and brighten the screen, but i can no longer adjust volume, and before when i did this i had a little image appear in the middle of the screen and a blue chunk moved in a circle to show how what your adjusting moves, that no longer appears too.
What did i do to my comp? and what do i need to fix so i have Fn working again?

Specs: Asus Notebook G73Sw Series
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @2.00GHz 2.00GHz
8.00GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit OS

xeromist
08-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Did you remove the ATK before reinstalling it? If you hadn't I would definitely do that because installing over the top may not overwrite everything that was broken.

thphlstr
08-04-2011, 05:40 PM
I have figured out the problem. Apparently it wasnt the ATK driver i needed. On another forum someone suggested that i download the KB filter driver and since then it works again.

xeromist
08-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Cool, glad you got it sorted.