PDA

View Full Version : PhysX Auto or GPU?

Cyrix
05-17-2013, 01:46 PM
What do you guys set your PhysX setting to? Auto or GPU or CPU?

DirtyCodingHabitz
05-17-2013, 03:22 PM
I think default is AUTO so leave it at that.

Cyrix
05-18-2013, 07:35 AM
I think default is AUTO so leave it at that.

you're clueless man

anyone else with an educated answer?

ganji
05-18-2013, 09:20 AM
you're clueless man

anyone else with an educated answer?

Not a very nice way to reply to someone trying to help you out...
As he said leave it on auto

kkn
05-18-2013, 09:25 AM
have it on auto, that way it goes for the best solution.
that way it either takes the CPU or the GPU, it takes the best solution it can do then and there.

HiVizMan
05-18-2013, 11:04 AM
This forum is all about respect, first of all respect yourself then you can start to respect others.

My respect goes to dirtycodinghabits for replying in a way that did not flaunt the OP lack of knowledge about PhysX and thereby trying to inform without making another loose face. The OP well I would like to think that it was a language issue that caused that kind of rudeness. I doubt that it was intended at all. :)

Now to answer your question.

If you have multiple graphic cards you can and often will select a dedicated physX graphic card. If you have a nVid card then it is handy to select the VGA as the green team have built in PhysX capacity. Which is detected automatically, hence why it is often best to leave at auto as was suggested.

Cyrix
05-18-2013, 04:49 PM
This forum is all about respect, first of all respect yourself then you can start to respect others.

My respect goes to dirtycodinghabits for replying in a way that did not flaunt the OP lack of knowledge about PhysX and thereby trying to inform without making another loose face. The OP well I would like to think that it was a language issue that caused that kind of rudeness. I doubt that it was intended at all. :)

Now to answer your question.

If you have multiple graphic cards you can and often will select a dedicated physX graphic card. If you have a nVid card then it is handy to select the VGA as the green team have built in PhysX capacity. Which is detected automatically, hence why it is often best to leave at auto as was suggested.

thank u man.

i didn't mean to be rude, I just thought his answer was kinda sarcastic...

it's hard to judge on a forum what one really means since u can't hear them :)

HiVizMan
05-18-2013, 07:47 PM
it's hard to judge on a forum what one really means since u can't hear them :)

No problem my friend, I have seen you around and you are always polite. Enjoy your system. :)

DirtyCodingHabitz
05-18-2013, 11:47 PM
i didn't mean to be rude, I just thought his answer was kinda sarcastic...

I wanted my answer to be simple and straight to the point :)

adamsyes
05-19-2013, 12:59 AM
What do you guys set your PhysX setting to? Auto or GPU or CPU?
I have mine on GPU because In most "physX" situations, it's handled on the CPU, but that's because most physX games do not use much physX effects. You can do a search for a list which has a 100 or more games and all but about 17-20 of these games do not have GPU accelerated physX.

Unless the games uses physx heavily, the CPU handles it just fine. On these games that uses physX heavily, they usually give you an option to use advanced PhysX or PhysX in general. In these games, you will want your graphics card to handle the physX, or not use the advanced physX options. The CPU will not be strong enough in almost all these situations.

So to give you my opinion to your answer, GPU will be the way to go. They are designed for PhysX anyway.

you don't usually obtain performance either way, but you let the CPU handle the background task/ transfers while GPU controls GUI and graphics/physics. you balance things out pretty much.

Auto usually will set it to GPU 70% of the time