PDA

View Full Version : G73JW Keyboard

Dsiom157
05-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Greetings everyone,

Three years ago in November I brought a G73JW and a couple of days ago I started having problems with the D not being detected if I didn't make some pressure and by some I mean more than normal, anyway, since I didn't had a can of compressed air this went on for a couple of days, then when I got the can I blowed into the space and even though it didn't solve the problema it created a similar on W, today I released the keyboard from the rest of the laptop and tryed to remove the screws but apparently my keyboard (besides having only screws on 2 of 4 spaces and 2 bar codes) had them way too bolted, so I started peeling the 2 flexible layers and started blowing, that helped a "bit" (a lot of particles flew and were dropped). The problem still presists, the D needs either a lot of pressure or a little more pressure time to trigger, for the W it either recognizes as W or a random number of "W"s in a row. My idea now is to remove the top part of the key from the rest of the keyboard but I'm not sure of how to do it (which direction and where to apply the force). If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions I'll gladly take them.

Thanks in advance,
Charles

Pitcher@asus
05-20-2013, 02:56 AM
you can visit asus e-store to buy KB and replance it.

Zygomorphic
05-20-2013, 10:21 AM
I have the comparable keyboard from the G53SX, and I would say that taking it apart is really risky, especially with the backlighting in there. Also, the keys don't look like they can be taken apart, unlike some other brands. :(

Dsiom157
05-20-2013, 07:18 PM
you can visit asus e-store to buy KB and replance it.

I wouldn't mind buying one but if I go to the e-store there's no KB for this model in portuguese (PT) layout and if i go simply to the shop (sells to Portugal) it doesn't even show replacement keyboards....

Zygomorphic
05-21-2013, 02:14 AM
I wouldn't mind buying one but if I go to the e-store there's no KB for this model in portuguese (PT) layout and if i go simply to the shop (sells to Portugal) it doesn't even show replacement keyboards....
Ouch. Not sure if this would help, but maybe you can purchase the keyboard used off of ebay? Just a thought. Also, maybe you can call the ASUS support line and see if they can sell you the keyboard and ship it to you (save you the large labor costs and shipping the notebook).