PDA

View Full Version : Asus G53sx backlit keyboard not working and battery not charging

championsage
05-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Hello all,

I recently had my screen stop working and took my laptop in for service seeing as how it was under warranty. The service department where I purchased my laptop replaced the mainboard and graphics card and I once again have a functioning screen. The problem now is that my keyboard backlight no longer works (I removed the keyboard and checked the connection to the mainboard) and my battery will not charge past 0% and the laptop will not run without the power supply plugged into the wall. I am going to call the service department back for the second time (the first time the tech told me that the battery is not under warranty and I have to buy a new one) and speak with the manager in attempt to resolve the issue. I live an hour away from these guys so if I am able to fix the problems at home that is what I would prefer to do. If you want something done right you usually have to do it yourself!

dstrakele
05-22-2013, 11:04 PM
If you've already :

1) Pressed Fn+F4 to turn the keyboard backlight on, and

2) Entered the BIOS, restored default settings, and did a Save & Exit, and

3) UNinstalled the current ASUS ATK Package from Control Panel, rebooted, and installed the latest ATK Package for your laptop, and pressed Fn+F4, then

It's possible the cable that supplies power to the backligbts is broken. As I understand it, that cable is quite fragile and easily damaged on removing the keyboard,.making it a rather common problem on laptops returned from RMA. The cable supplying power to the battery terminals may also be compromised.

Pitcher@asus
05-23-2013, 02:08 AM
please do the SW install or update like atk driver , new bios, if not help, please check FPC is damage or not.

championsage
05-25-2013, 04:55 AM
Thanks for the help but to no avail. played with the cable too but no luck... back to the shop she goes! argh.

havensfire
08-20-2013, 10:54 PM
How'd the repair go?
I have the same problem. Sent mine in to repair the DC jack (the pin broke off inside the charger), and when I got it back the keyboard backlight didn't work and the battery won't charge.