PDA

View Full Version : Asus G71G - Not starting at all...

Wickedclown285
05-26-2013, 02:52 AM
Hello, I own a Asus G71G, It was running fine as i listened to music cleaning my room the other day. i was sweeping and just hardly tapped it with the broom, it was still playing music fine. but then i went an put up the broom in another room and when i returned it was off. It only has the blue lightning bolt icon lite and the battery charging icon will light up when plugged up. I can press the power button and all lights will flicker but will do nothing else :( Please HELP ME!!

dstrakele
05-26-2013, 02:28 PM
If some or all of your RAM is accessible as in the other G Series laptops, remove and reseat it. The laptop will not POST if the RAM chip in slot 1 is poorly seated. While you're at it, reseat the HDD as well.

Wickedclown285
05-26-2013, 05:56 PM
I have reseat the RAM and HDD several times over the past few days, I have even exchanged the RAM with a total new extra set i had. Still nothing. Just the light flicker. Thank you for the reply btw, Anything else you can think of? Oh and i have tried the 45 - 60 second power button reset trick as well as pressing the motherboard reset button... :(

Edit: It also fully charges the battery still and it does the light flicker on both the battery alone as well with the power adapter.

dstrakele
05-26-2013, 07:28 PM
I believe if the GPU is poorly seated or defective, the laptop will not POST. Otherwise, you may need to tap it again with your witches broom!

Wickedclown285
05-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Well poo, i really did not want to tear it down... lol but thanks man, ill tap it before i get started just to see if its dark magic working its fingers in my laptop. lol

Wickedclown285
05-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Well @$*%, Striped her down to find two burnt contacts on the GPU... Damn!