PDA

View Full Version : G75VX : please share your best nvidia-control panel setting

mehdi.moha
05-26-2013, 04:34 AM
Hi everyone

i'm sure we all are gamer ...
I've started this thread to share the knowledge and experiences about gaming on our G75vw/vx . then some peoples like me ( i'm new :D ) can use this brilliant experiences and have nice/good time ...

first :
i know that we can find some settings on goole and google is our friend :p but some settings may have different effects on different specs ...

i'll start that with skyrim :

it is playable on ultra setting , but a little lag is appear on some area . i just found out that is better to disable V-sync on skyrim profile.

so v-sync : off

but i'm not sure about other options. can you please share your control panel setting . i want to we have best throughput on our graphic cards ( without overclocking ) and this only will happen by sharing the experiences .:)

ok guys , please share it about skyrim , farcry3 , tomb rider ,

ggBanks
05-26-2013, 07:27 AM
It is definitely a matter of taste. Some gamers would like lower resolution with higher details and some others just the opposite. For example I am willing to scale down from 1080p to 900p but add some AA for flavor. Or maybe exclude the AA and keep the 1080p if the game requires more focus on tiny details that need more sharp resolution. For example in Tomb Raider I sacrificed the resolution, but in Dead Space 3 didn't find much use of the AA and kept the 1080p. One thing I know is that for example S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl does not work great with Windows 8. When I put everything on max including Vertical sync, it was not applied, and I could only explain that with the comparability. However I fixed that issue by going into the nvidia control panel and forcing the V-sync from there to that specific game, and it worked like a charm. Its all about experimenting :)

One good thing to have is GeForce Experience, but not now at least. It is still in its very early stages and it doesn't allow you to select which type of eye candy you like most. It is only one type of settings and that's it. I watched an interview with one of the chief engineers of the GeForce Experience on YouTube, and he said that in the future gamers will be able to select what they desire more and the program will focus on that instead. It looks like a very ambitious project, but lets see what happens next.

mehdi.moha
05-26-2013, 07:46 AM
thank you soo much for sharing your exprience :)

i have question . how can i scale down from 1080p to 900 p ? i mean is there any option on nvidia control panel about that ?

and about tomb rider , can you please let me know the control panel setting ? do you put all of them to high ... ( AA , texture , ... )

ggBanks
05-26-2013, 08:20 AM
By scale down I meant that I change my resolution from 1920x1080 to 1600x900 :D
And for Tomb Raider I didn't make any changes to the nvidia control panel. I do this for old games that cannot apply their own settings, so I force the settings from the nvidia control panel. I always use the in-game settings, and if they don't work correctly then I go and change them in the control panel.

mehdi.moha
05-26-2013, 09:06 AM
By scale down I meant that I change my resolution from 1920x1080 to 1600x900 :D
And for Tomb Raider I didn't make any changes to the nvidia control panel. I do this for old games that cannot apply their own settings, so I force the settings from the nvidia control panel. I always use the in-game settings, and if they don't work correctly then I go and change them in the control panel.

GRAT :D i'll do so .