PDA

View Full Version : Asus G75VX game issue's software recommendations

tW0st3p
05-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Hi, fellow G-series users!

I recently bought this wonderfully designed beast, and quite honestly I am not entierly satisfied. Maybe it is because of my dramatic use of stationary PC's.

Anyhow, as most of you when I bought this computer it came with windows 8. I have seen some forum posts were they do not recommend windows 8 for gaming. What I have experianced for now is drastic drops in FPS. Idk if that is because of the OS.

Im currently playing Dota 2, Tera. Havn't had the time to install any other high demanding game, will do in the near future.

I use "Nvidia Gefore Experiance" and have optimized the setting for dota 2. When I first launch Dota 2 I have 60fps stable, ingame I can drop from 60 to 35 during busy battles and sometimes just panic drop to 10ish. Game finishes and I am back in the menu options I got 5-10fps, I tab no fps lagg, game starts same thing over again.

http://www.games-utilities.com/dota-2-system-requirements-valve-dota-2-pcmac-system-specs/
http://imageshack.us/a/img827/1865/dota2fps.png

During my Tera gaming I have a constant of 35-45fps.
https://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/175/~/can-i-run-tera%3F---system-requirements

On my VX i have the 670MX card 8gb (soon to be upgraded to max) 1600Mhz and 7200RPM HDD, SSD inc soon. ;)

Anyone who could help me with these issues would be great of help.

List of programs or program that you use on your G-Series would be of great help to me, link or name would be much appriciated.

Heat sensing
OC graph
OC CPU
RAM optimizer
or any other program you could find usefull for a machine like this one.
I use "Driver Genius PE"

Also I would like to know what really is best for your computers health, win8 or 7.

Many thanks to as much information I possibly could get!
//The second step

Edit: http://imageshack.us/a/img21/8773/fm1k.jpg Here is a furmark screenshot. What am I doing wrong?

rewben
05-28-2013, 12:44 AM
hi @tW0st3p, first please make sure you play games with the performance power setting, and the laptop is plugged in to the external power source. many forgot that it's a laptop that requires external power to do things like gaming.

i'm sorry but i don't play dota2 so i cannot give you a better answer :/

tW0st3p
05-28-2013, 09:08 PM
Hey @rewben thanks for your reply!

I only use this computer with the cable plugged in and on high preformance. That souldnt be the issue, if you look at the furmark results do you come up with the same?

alpinestar
05-28-2013, 10:44 PM
looks like driver issue have you been switching them around lately ?

tW0st3p
05-29-2013, 01:27 AM
looks like driver issue have you been switching them around lately ?

Thanks for your reply apinestar =]

I am running on driver version 9.18.13.2018 -- nvidia driver 320.18

DirtyCodingHabitz
05-29-2013, 06:48 AM
I have G75VX and I don't have any issues with Dota 2. Have you tried reinstalling the game or turning on "Virtual Sync: Adaptive" in the Nvidia 3D (global)settings?

TokoDude
05-29-2013, 09:00 AM
Check this:

Open Power4Gear--> check settings if all things are set on highest performance.

As for sample you can change how much % your CPU can run on Battery saving or Power4Gear-

tW0st3p
05-30-2013, 11:57 AM
I have G75VX and I don't have any issues with Dota 2. Have you tried reinstalling the game or turning on "Virtual Sync: Adaptive" in the Nvidia 3D (global)settings?

Thanks for your reply DirtyCodingHabitz Dota 2 menu lagg is gone :D

tW0st3p
05-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Check this:

Open Power4Gear--> check settings if all things are set on highest performance.

As for sample you can change how much % your CPU can run on Battery saving or Power4Gear-

Hi TokoDude thanks for replying, Power4Gear High Preformance is allways set to active. Isnt that enough?

TokoDude
05-30-2013, 05:19 PM
No because if you open power4gear or battery saving you can go to --> advanced settings.
There you can change the valueless of CPU or GPU or something else in % or set things on High-performance--Balanced-maximum battery live.

tW0st3p
05-30-2013, 11:08 PM
No because if you open power4gear or battery saving you can go to --> advanced settings.
There you can change the valueless of CPU or GPU or something else in % or set things on High-performance--Balanced-maximum battery live.

@TokoDude Thanks alot for your time spent on replys! I shall take your adivse and put it to good use ;)

tW0st3p
06-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Hey guys updating this post.
I still experiance heavy fps drop when I play differant games.

I got a regular HDD 7200rpm split into to partions 1 for windows and 1 for storage/games
8gb of ram
and the famous 670mx.

Issues i sometimes have on my 3 week laptop now is that the system sometimes crashes.
when playing music it can stop and replay the same halfsecond, i cannot any shutdown commands during this. The only sulotion i got left is reboot by pressing the bootbutton for 3 seconds.
Sometimes bootup takes a very long time even tho I have "Asus instant on".

Were would you guess my problem stands?