PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Acer T232HL to G75VX causes BSOD Driver Power State Failure

JBM
05-28-2013, 06:56 AM
Hi,

I just brought a Acer T232HL touchscreen monitor and when I connect it to my laptop and using it for a period of time when I o to shut it down, windows gives me the following error Driver Power State Failure and reboots. If I shut it down again it will but if I leave it on for any length I get the same error. Disconnecting the monitor seems to make the error go away.

Its connected via the HDMI port and a usb port for the touch functions. I am running win 8.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Pitcher@asus
05-28-2013, 08:15 AM
could you try connect to other monitor via HDMI? or other laptop connect to monitor is it same problem? could you install monitor driver?

JBM
05-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Yes I have had a ASUS VG278HE connected to for months without any issues.

Installed the monitor driver for the Acer but same result, thinking maybe they need to update it. The latest is version 1.0

Clintlgm
05-28-2013, 11:53 AM
I wonder what happens if you connect the monitor with out USB support, will you still have the same issue. This could be a USB 3.0 issue if so try using the right side USB Port I believe the port right side forward has extra power going to it for charging cell phones etc. On my G75 VW I have better luck using this port for external hard drives and my Hub etc.

JBM
05-29-2013, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the responses,

I tried just connecting the monitor without the USB and I don't seem to have issue with the shutdown.I was able to shutdown with out any problems after I had the laptop on for about 40mins.

I did have connected to the right side usb port when it was giving the error. So not sure if this is a problem with USB 3.0 ports on the laptop or the monitor or a combination of both?

Myk SilentShadow
05-29-2013, 01:51 AM
Could just be a problem with the USB 3 port, have you tried using a USB 2 port instead?

Clintlgm
05-29-2013, 03:32 AM
Well it does sound like a driver conflict with your monitor. At least your monitor is not playing well with you NB. where USB is concerned. We had some problems with the Asus USB Charger plus program with our VW that was mostly disconnect problems. These were solve with the latest USB 3.0 Intel driver and uninstalling Charger plus.. I'm not really up on the touch screen technology it just seems to be a driver conflict or just incorrect driver. You haven't mentioned any other USB problems? So I would source out the USB driver for the monitor and make sure your running the correct one for your OS?

JBM
05-29-2013, 03:49 AM
Had the monitor connected and was using the laptop for a couple of hours, went to shutdown go the error again even with only the HDMI cable connected.

Guessing their might be a problem with the ACER monitor driver. Acer only have one version (v 1) of their monitor driver listed.

Clintlgm
05-29-2013, 04:47 AM
Wish I could be more helpful, I just don't understand touch screen technology. But the communication for the touch to your NB is through USB? and your on Win 8? maybe the drivers for this monitor is not complete for Win 8?, Did you install the monitor drivers from a disk? or is there a MS driver running for it? Which ever you could try uninstall the drivers and install the other that is not installed now?