PDA

View Full Version : Updated to BIOS 223 and now im STUCK in Bios Setup [SOLVED]

cgren
05-28-2013, 11:53 AM
I did a bios update a while ago via windows and it succeeded but then after shutting down and then restart my system doesnt boot up anymore to windows, and i cant seem to see my hard drives in the drives properties please help

rewben
05-28-2013, 01:20 PM
damn that's bad :/

since you can go into the bios, have you loaded the defaults, saved the settings, and reboot?

maybe doing that will help.

cgren
05-28-2013, 03:53 PM
tried that, even tried putting the 223 in the ssd maybe it would boot up but failed

dstrakele
05-28-2013, 08:27 PM
If you disable Secure Boot and enable CSM in the BIOS, does your laptop boot?

OR at least recognize one of your drives?

Pitcher@asus
05-29-2013, 03:27 AM
please set default in BIOS then save & exit, into again, set your HDD to AHCI if you are not set RAID.

cgren
05-29-2013, 08:22 AM
i have tried all the things you guys suggested. but still no go. :(

cgren
05-29-2013, 08:25 AM
as per Asus local here in my country, my bios update went successful because the unit is still turning on and going to BIOS settings. He said that there must be something wrong with the bios wherein it seems that it disabled all hdd (undetected) as well as the DVD player. I am really thinking what happened.

dstrakele
05-29-2013, 08:57 AM
i have tried all the things you guys suggested. but still no go. :(

In that case, I'd try holding the CTRL+HOME keys down on startup to initiate a Crisis BIOS Recovery. The hidden BIOS file must exist (as it does in the ASUS Factory Windows installation) in the root of C: and have the proper filename - or be copied to a flash drive formatted to a single FAT32 partition.

cl-Albert
05-29-2013, 07:48 PM
I did a bios update a while ago via windows and it succeeded but then after shutting down and then restart my system doesnt boot up anymore to windows, and i cant seem to see my hard drives in the drives properties please help

Assume you have the G75VW and if you are still running the 223 bios, just wanted to make sure you were not looking only under the bios 'Boot' menu for your hard drives, but also checked under the 'Advanced' menu/SATA Configuration which should show them no matter what.

If you are running Win7 and really did enable 'Launch CSM' under the 'Boot' menu AND disable 'secure boot control' under the 'Security' menu, the drives should be appearing under the boot menu, but wanted to double-check again since it seems like your bios update should have gone okay.
Be sure to 'save and exit' and go back into the bios to confirm BOTH those settings were saved correctly (please excuse the capital letters).

Otherwise, you might consider trying to downgrade the bios as dstrakele suggested.
Good luck!

cgren
05-30-2013, 06:04 AM
In that case, I'd try holding the CTRL+HOME keys down on startup to initiate a Crisis BIOS Recovery. The hidden BIOS file must exist (as it does in the ASUS Factory Windows installation) in the root of C: and have the proper filename - or be copied to a flash drive formatted to a single FAT32 partition.

i tried doing this one using my usb, formatted to fat32 and uploaded the bios 223 but still no go

cgren
05-30-2013, 06:06 AM
Assume you have the G75VW and if you are still running the 223 bios, just wanted to make sure you were not looking only under the bios 'Boot' menu for your hard drives, but also checked under the 'Advanced' menu/SATA Configuration which should show them no matter what.

If you are running Win7 and really did enable 'Launch CSM' under the 'Boot' menu AND disable 'secure boot control' under the 'Security' menu, the drives should be appearing under the boot menu, but wanted to double-check again since it seems like your bios update should have gone okay.
Be sure to 'save and exit' and go back into the bios to confirm BOTH those settings were saved correctly (please excuse the capital letters).

Otherwise, you might consider trying to downgrade the bios as dstrakele suggested.
Good luck!

i have checked the sata confi sir, and all hdd and odd is visible, i even tried using from AHCI, to IDE to RAID but still no go.

i also tried disabling the launch csm, and disabled secure boot control but still nothing good happened

cgren
05-30-2013, 06:06 AM
sorry double post

rewben
05-30-2013, 06:31 AM
i have checked the sata confi sir, and all hdd and odd is visible, i even tried using from AHCI, to IDE to RAID but still no go.

i also tried disabling the launch csm, and disabled secure boot control but still nothing good happened

ah.. you should enable launch csm.

1) disable secureboot and fast boot;
2) enable launch csm.

cgren
05-30-2013, 08:26 AM
guys when to tell if the unit is "bricked"?

do i consider mine as bricked?

dstrakele
05-30-2013, 12:54 PM
What was the result of your attempt at a Crisis BIOS Recovery?

cgren
05-30-2013, 02:12 PM
is this the ctrl+home+power thing? thats the only method i used, reflashed, reprogrammed and at the end it said, will shut down after 2 seconds but i let it shutdown itself. and then powering it up again still stuck in the bios screen settings

dstrakele
05-30-2013, 02:51 PM
And have you tried the following since Crisis BIOS Recovery:

1) Restore default settings, then Save & Exit?

2) Disable Secure Boot and Enable Launch CSM in the current BIOS?

Do these allow you to see your drives in the BIOS?

cgren
05-30-2013, 02:56 PM
And have you tried the following since Crisis BIOS Recovery:

1) Restore default settings, then Save & Exit?

2) Disable Secure Boot and Enable Launch CSM in the current BIOS?

Do these allow you to see your drives in the BIOS?

i will try this tom, the unit is with the repairman/programmer, i will go there first thing in the morning before he decides to open it up.

cgren
05-31-2013, 01:42 AM
Problem solved! Thanks guys and mods for the big help. Now i dont have to send this to repairs! In so happy. Thanks everyone. The secure boot disable and enabled launch csm and enabled pxe rom worked.

rewben
05-31-2013, 10:02 AM
hm.. why should the pxe rom be enabled? anyway, good to hear that :)

cgren
06-01-2013, 03:48 AM
hm.. why should the pxe rom be enabled? anyway, good to hear that :)

most people told me to enable it, so if it helps why not. and it did. im happy now and done with all the software updates and programs needed. awesome! great to start my weekend

doc_computeur
07-26-2013, 08:32 PM
I can't find "Secure Boot" and "Launch CSM" in my restricted bios (G75VW). I did the Restore default settings (or f9) but the bios is restricted. I see my hard drives but they are displayed in black in the Bios.
Please can someone help me

cl-Albert
07-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Did your notebook come with Win7 or Win8 when you purchased it originally and which bios version are you currently using?
Did you update the bios version recently and remember which version you upgraded from?

doc_computeur
07-27-2013, 12:58 AM
Win7 when to the purchase, Now the bios is 223, 222, 221, 210, 207 in the order, until 222 everything was fine.

(I just got an email from asus, I try tomorrow and write the result here (ilt's 03:02AM here))

rewben
07-29-2013, 12:03 PM
@doc_computeur, laptops with stock w7 should not have such bios options. by the way what do you mean by 'the bios is restricted'?

doc_computeur
07-30-2013, 10:17 PM
Aptio Setup Utility offers no hard drive setting or other...

look at my post on ROG France (http://www.republic-of-gamers.fr/Forum/showthread.php?9406-Probl%E8mes-mise-%E0-jour-Bios223-sur-G75VW), you will see the entire Aptio Serup Utility (link (http://www.republic-of-gamers.fr/Forum/showthread.php?9406-Probl%E8mes-mise-%E0-jour-Bios223-sur-G75VW))

mosach
04-07-2014, 03:42 PM
the same thing happened to me. I did "Security HDD - disable" and did "Boot / CMS(?) - enable" then I could see windows logo again.

LENNYc77
05-28-2014, 01:51 AM
I have the ROG G 85VX running Windows 8.1 64 bit. While I was using a mini tool wizard I either formatted a partition wrong or deleted some files because my notebook restarted and now I'm stuck in the Aptio Set up Utility. After several calls to support they think that my HDD is not affected Every time I boot it reads on a black screen "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected device and press any key. Under the "boot tab" there is a "boot configuration" I configured it to launch PxE OpROM and then under Boot option#1 is Windows boot manager. Under option#2 is the DVD-RAM.. Then under the Security Tab I went down to secure Boot and went "disabled" and then I pressed F10 save and exit exit and reboot nothing happened, same screen.

LENNYc77
05-28-2014, 02:03 AM
I would greatly appreciate if anyone out there can please help me navigate me out of this problem...I'd be very GREATFUL. I really need help people.. .. I have the ROG G 75VX running Windows 8.1 64 bit. While I was using a mini tool wizard I either formatted a partition wrong or deleted some files because my notebook restarted and now I'm stuck in the Aptio Set up Utility. After several calls to support they think that my HDD is not affected Every time I boot it reads on a black screen "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected device and press any key. Under the "boot tab" there is a "boot configuration" I configured it to launch PxE OpROM and then under Boot option#1 is Windows boot manager. Under option#2 is the DVD-RAM.. Then under the Security Tab I went down to secure Boot and went "disabled" and then I pressed F10 save and exit exit and reboot nothing happened, same screen.