PDA

View Full Version : G73 hardware failure?

wcryan
05-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Hi,

I have a G73JH and this just started happening and ill try to explain is the best way possible

I'll turn my laptop on (power connected) and everything starts up normal and I go about my normal business. Wether I leave it idle, or am playing a game, using firefox; whatever it is. It shuts off about 5 minutes after startup. Windows does not shut down, the power pretty much just goes off. The battery after startup was showing 98%

Now after it shuts down and I try to push the power button, the light lights up but goes off right after I press it. So if I hold it the blue power light, and the other on the left side of the keyboard will stay lite until I let go of the button. No boot occurs or anything. If I wait for about 10 minutes, I can start it up again like explained previously for about 5 five minutes until this happens again

Also, I dont know if this matters, but I dont get the "windows was shut down improperly" or whatever it says when I restart the computer

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,
Ryan

billyray520
05-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Could it be shutting down due to overheating? Have you checked your temps lately?

ancienthordes
05-29-2013, 06:18 PM
i had this problem.here is the solution what i did with my laptop

1.removed the hard disk and inserted back again.then checked my laptop, couple of days it was fine but later again it start shutting down again.

2.I re-pasted my gpu and cleared chunks of dust inside.

Till date no problem.

Pitcher@asus
05-30-2013, 02:02 AM
did you try restore OS or install OS to other HDD? is it happen? how is your power manager setting?

dabigin
05-30-2013, 04:39 AM
To help you, we will need to know the operating system information. If you used the stock that came with it or another version, plus has there been any hardware changes to your system before this problem had occured? It sounds like a over heating issue, but to be on the safe side and not to be rude but is the power plug plugged in? if it is plugged into the wall socket is the power cord plugged into the power brick? if so is the power from the brick connected to the laptop? This is the basics on troubleshooting and by no means do I wan't to make you out to be a fool, I have myself forgot to plug in my power and my battery go out. If by chance your battery is losing its charge and you don't have it plugged in it may explain the issue your having. Replacing the battery would be advised if you are having this problem. If not it could be that your laptop is overheating and needs to be cleaned, and the thermal paste re-applied. Let me know what you can.

wcryan
05-30-2013, 06:49 AM
I'm using windows 7 64bit. I tried to reinstall windows but when it starts its process it just turns off after about 5 minutes; so I never have enough time to reinstall. I thought that might be the issue, but im unable to get past the 5 minute mark

All the power is plugged in; when the computer is on it sits fully charged.

I looked at some youtube videos to checkout how to repaste this thing and it doesnt look fun. I might just take it in to have someone do it