PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the Win7 product key?

dogfart
05-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Just noticed no sticker on laptop anywhere that has the Win7 product key. I have an app that finds such keys and it did indeed find the Win7 product key. I assume this should be saved if I ever want to do a clean install of Win7? I can always dnld Win7 from sites like Digital River and MyDigitalLife.com. Hoping the product key my app found is unique to my laptop. If not I can always use DAZ Loader! http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/24901-Windows-Loader-Current-release-information I used it on my old desktop and it works perfectly. Its just that I paid almost &1400 USD for my G75 and feel I should have a valid Win7 key!

Shawnnepc
05-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Just noticed no sticker on laptop anywhere that has the Win7 product key. I have an app that finds such keys and it did indeed find the Win7 product key. I assume this should be saved if I ever want to do a clean install of Win7? I can always dnld Win7 from sites like Digital River and MyDigitalLife.com. Hoping the product key my app found is unique to my laptop. If not I can always use DAZ Loader! http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/24901-Windows-Loader-Current-release-information I used it on my old desktop and it works perfectly. Its just that I paid almost &1400 USD for my G75 and feel I should have a valid Win7 key!

If you do indeed have Windows 7 there should be a physical key located under the battery compartment.

If your system was loaded with Windows 8 by default, the key is stored in the system's BIOS and is not physically located on the product.

dogfart
05-29-2013, 07:05 PM
If you do indeed have Windows 7 there should be a physical key located under the battery compartment.

If your system was loaded with Windows 8 by default, the key is stored in the system's BIOS and is not physically located on the product.

I do indeed have Win7. It was one of my prerequisites for buying a new computer. I found silmilar to the G75 from other companies but most had Win8 pre-installed. If G75 had Win8 pre-installed I would NOT have bought it. I did indeed find the key under the battery compartment and it matches key my app found. Thanx. Just hope its a unique key to my laptop.

xeromist
05-29-2013, 07:09 PM
I did indeed find the key under the battery compartment and it matches key my app found. Just hope its a unique key to my laptop.

Yes, this is the unique key. Of course it is OEM so you can't transfer it to another machine but you can reinstall as many times as you want with this key on your G75.

dogfart
05-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Yes, this is the unique key. Of course it is OEM so you can't transfer it to another machine but you can reinstall as many times as you want with this key on your G75.

Great! and Thanx.

Shawnnepc
05-29-2013, 07:48 PM
I do indeed have Win7. It was one of my prerequisites for buying a new computer. I found silmilar to the G75 from other companies but most had Win8 pre-installed. If G75 had Win8 pre-installed I would NOT have bought it. I did indeed find the key under the battery compartment and it matches key my app found. Thanx. Just hope its a unique key to my laptop.

The reason I said that was because the G75VW came with (early models)Win7 or (later models, pre-refresh) Win 8.

There's also a few resellers who have been upselling Windows 7 on the VW/VX models and in that case your CD key could be located wherever they felt like putting it.