PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G74sx Plugged in Not Charging

TheBlackShogun
05-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Hello. Another trip on my saga of my laptop not working like it's supposed to.

I just got my laptop back from my 2nd RMA today, and there might be another issue with it.

Basically, I'll plug in my laptop. The charging indicator will be orange. It'll say "___% Available, Plugged in, Charging."

After a while, the charging indicator will turn off completely. Then the windows 7 indicator will say "93-94% Available, Plugged in, Not Charging."

Is it supposed to be this way? Or is there something wrong with my battery?

Pitcher@asus
05-30-2013, 02:13 AM
1. only use battery charge to no power
2. pulg adapter to charging, maybe 8hr to ligh become green light.
is it able to full charge?

dabigin
05-30-2013, 04:29 AM
As long as your battery is in and it is fully charged, the charger not charging it is running normally. The way the batteries work, if you keep it charging the battery cell will die. I keep my battery out when it is fully charged myself, even if you go into Best Buy or other electronics retailers you will notice every laptop without a battery inside it. This is the reason why.

TheBlackShogun
06-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Sorry for the late reply. No it cannot fully charge. The highest it goes is 94%. Usually it's at 92%.

TheBlackShogun
06-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Yes, I know. But I'm a bit worried since the battery indicator will turn green when it's charged enough, at least that's how it used to be. Now it just stays off.

dstrakele
06-03-2013, 11:07 AM
... if you go into Best Buy or other electronics retailers you will notice every laptop without a battery inside it. This is the reason why.

I think the retailers are more concerned about customers taking advantage of the "five finger discount" on the laptop batteries...