PDA

View Full Version : Asus G75VW, very high GPU temp

NInami
05-30-2013, 11:09 PM
So I've had my Asus g75 for about a year now. I haven't really checked my temperatures when playing games but I decided to do that now because it felt super warm behind my laptop.

When playing games like BF3, Worms, Red Orchestra etc it can go as far as 90 degrees Celsius... I mean isn't that extremely hot for a GPU? I recently formatted my computer so it's fresh but it feels like my laptop is about to fail on me when my temperature is that high.

Anyone else with this issue? Any suggestions? I am currently using a "Cooler Master NotePal X2" at home but doesn't seem to help at all.

Clintlgm
05-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Cool master won't help air comes in from above the keyboard and out the back, You should check your filters, and maybe blow out your venting system. Since you have been running for a year your probably clogged up.

NInami
05-31-2013, 12:28 AM
I have already opened my laptop and removed any dust I found in the 2 fans. Didn't seem to help though, still getting 90 degrees when playing games.

Zygomorphic
05-31-2013, 01:45 AM
GPUs can get warm, and my CPU gets to 86 C when all 4 (8 HT) cores are going on my G53SX, so that 90 C may just be a little higher. Do you have pets of any variety, or do you smoke (both wreck havok with fans and cooling systems).

Clintlgm
05-31-2013, 02:29 AM
So you blew out heat sinks etc. I usually hold the fan from spinning with a pencil or any kind of device to keep it from spinning and blow out the heat sinks with Air Pressure, I guess Canned Air would do the same thing.
Have you run Furmark, that will give a controlled test of your GPU and cooling.

Martoune
07-17-2013, 08:46 AM
I have the same computer and my GPU was getting really hot too while playing. I've repasted the heat sink with some arctic mx4 yesterday and cleaned up the fans.
Before i was getting 90-95 C on Crysis 3, Deadpool, Starcraft 2 etc... After the repasting, the max gpu temp recorded for an 3 hours long gaming session was 70C !
(Room temp is 23C)
If you still haven't solved your problem, and you are sure that the fans are working properly, i suggest you to look into it.
Note: I've never done any repasting job before but it isn't actually that hard.

dogfart
07-18-2013, 03:37 AM
Room temp here is 30C...yep 85 f***ing degrees F. My A/C (window style) cant keep up. It is a HMF where I live in the good ole USA but anyways......I just got done playing CoD MW3 all settings max@1920x1080. Played for over an hour. My 660M is O/C via MSI Afterburner @ +135, +405. Highest temp logged was 74C. Your temps are too high. g/l

Djask
07-18-2013, 06:20 AM
Room temp of about 20 degrees and my CPU does not go above 60 degrees load.

My GPU also stays at about 67 degrees overclocked. (+135 core, 350mhz memory) I feel that works the best.

Zygomorphic
07-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Room temp here is 30C...yep 85 f***ing degrees F. My A/C (window style) cant keep up. It is a HMF where I live in the good ole USA but anyways......I just got done playing CoD MW3 all settings max@1920x1080. Played for over an hour. My 660M is O/C via MSI Afterburner @ +135, +405. Highest temp logged was 74C. Your temps are too high. g/l
A little cooler here (81 F), and my G53SX gets 86 C max CPU (compiling LINUX kernel on all cores), and the GPU I don't know about (I don't game), though it idles in the 50 C range.

Kawazu
07-18-2013, 12:48 PM
90c is a bit high but you dont have to worry, at 97c the GPU will start to throttle and you will notice this becouse the games will run very very slow when that happens.

The only fix tip i can give you is to repast the GPU/CPU, lowerd my temps by about 15-20c.

If you want to make use of your coolermaster laptop cooler you will have to remove the big plastic part under your laptop to expose the GPU and the heatsink of the GPU, as long as you have your laptop on a table this will not creat any problem but i would not move it around without the plastic parts.
This is not a solution but only a workaround the problem.

Zygomorphic
07-19-2013, 01:47 AM
Part of the reason for what @Kawazu said is that the ASUS ROG laptops have their air intakes on the top of the notebook, rather than the bottom. This allows for the notebook to be used on surfaces that would block bottom vents, but reduces the effectiveness of cooling pads.