PDA

View Full Version : G73jh recovery

Awaken
06-01-2013, 07:17 AM
Hi i was wondering if some could stear me in the right direction as ive rung a few comuter shops and no one wants to really help me learn these things for myself , so i started a lot of reading and am getting there bt apologies in advance for my lack of knowle/dge :)
heres where im at... i have G73jh and have deleted the recovery partition ( i know i could punch myself for that) and installed a fresh windows 7 but dont have any of the drivers or factory settings and am still having random blue screens, runs slow and often start asks me to select boot cd and enter to continue... im guessing it does have some hardware issues but would love to get this thing to be as it was out of the factory to be able to diagnose ... i have found lists of drivers for this kind of stuff but dont have the knowledge to know which ones are necessary and what isnt, is there a one disk does all fix out there? or maybe a way to diagnose a hardware issue quickly before the comp crashes, ive done a memory check and a disk scan doesnt seem to find an error either.. thnks in advance
Darrin

Arne Saknussemm
06-01-2013, 07:27 AM
If you go to the ASUS website for your laptop http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/G73Jh/

(http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/G73Jh/)Click on support....click on download......select your OS and there you will find all the drivers you need :)

Zygomorphic
06-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Welcome @Awaken! :) For the drivers, youo will probably have to reinstall Windows to get rid of any issues with programs (viruses) messing things up. As to the drivers, @Arne has linked to them. Just install the things listed under your OS (except for the BIOS). Make sure to get the most recent copy of anything, since there are sometimes multiple versions listed on their site.

Awaken
06-01-2013, 10:20 AM
cheers but as i said im not to good with knowledge in choosing which out of these 90 downloads i really need.... bios firmware ones? i was really hoping they has a cd to fix the lot :(

billyray520
06-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Here's a screen shot of the DVD folders I created using the Asus downloads. Note: This is for the G73Sw, but I based my download list on what I know already about the G73JH. After downloading everything, I burned the DVD driver disk shown below:

I did not install Creative as I know there are issues with those. I had to verify which Wireless/LAN hardware I had (this may be SW specific.) But I installed everything else.

After installing Windows, turn off updates and maybe turn off automatic driver search. Then install all of the drivers, rebooting whenever necessary. Once that was done, I turned on Driver search, and Windows updates.

I did this in January, after I bought the SW on ebay, then reinstalled Windows on a new SSD. Everything has been going smoothly ever since on the SW. The JH might have slightly different downloads, since it has the ATI GPU.

Arne Saknussemm
06-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Important are Chipset, Lan (wireless if you want WiFi), Touchpad and Intel Management Engine Interface from the "others section" then any others you want or need....blutooth if you use blutooth etc. the card reader if you use it......

The video driver you can download the latest directly from AMD

Did it not come with a CD?