PDA

View Full Version : g75 and triple monitors help please

jdecoudres
06-02-2013, 07:28 PM
I use my g 75 laptop to play alot of iracing nascar games. I was wondering if i could hook up triple monitors using the MATROX TRIPLEHEAD2GO DIGITAL EDITION box. Was wondeing if this would stretch my cockpit view out on the three screens and just wasnt sure if this was possible with my laptop so was hoping you guys could help me out. I have the g force 660 video card. If this will work will my graphics get worse with the three the monitors hooked up?
Thanks for the help

TokoDude
06-03-2013, 07:11 AM
GTX 660M Features

The improved feature set now includes support for up to 4 active displays. Furthermore, high resolution monitors of up to 3840x2160 pixels can now be connected using DisplayPort 1.2 or HDMI 1.4a if available.

jdecoudres
06-03-2013, 12:32 PM
im new to this stuff so im not sure I understand what you are exctley talking about.

TokoDude
06-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Your GTX 660M supports for up to 4 active displays.

So Yes you can use 3 Active Displays.

cl-Albert
06-03-2013, 05:48 PM
im new to this stuff so im not sure I understand what you are exactly talking about.

Welcome to the forums!
If necessary, you may want to check the G75VW eManual/User manual on your desktop or download it, but if you check the screenshot below, you can see you have external monitor outputs on the right side of your notebook for items #4 (HDMI out), #6 (analog VGA out), and possibly item #3 as well (the manual says it varies by model, so it will need more investigation).

So, depending on what kind of monitors you plan to use, you may be able to plug them directly into the notebook and forget about using the MATROX TRIPLEHEAD2GO DIGITAL EDITION box.
I haven't tried attaching 3 external monitors myself, so you may want to try to check with more people first about how well it works with your game.

If you haven't tried it before and have some monitors available to 'borrow'/test, try connecting one or two to see how it goes.
Also, if your external monitor doesn't support HDMI input but supports DVI, you should be able to find HDMI to DVI converter cables to solve this issue.
The analog VGA (15-pin D-sub) connector is more common on older monitors though, so might (?) be tougher to find a monitor supporting this if you don't already have one lying around.
Good luck!