PDA

View Full Version : Asus G75 Fan Filter Checker + [Kit Spare Filters]?

Asus_G72GX
06-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Helo to all!

Today my G75 splashed this warning about Fan Filter cleaning. Last time when I was checking "Asus Fan Filter checker" application the values were about 1800 hours. I haven't done any service work since date of purchasing (middle of August 2012). But I also have this spare filter which come with my G75 kit. So could you suppose is there any filters under my G75 back cover, or this filters on photo is spare? I saw many reviews of upgrading G75's and never seen that these filters have been installed on fans. So maybe these filter which I found in kit must be installed by end user, and currently I haven't got any filters in my G75? I don't want to open back cover by myself, because I afraid of warranty void. I know that the procedure of cleaning is quite simple, but do you recommend to take it to service? Thanks!

1). Fan Filter check spalsh window
http://s56.radikal.ru/i153/1306/37/1be6d85cf747.png

2). Filters which I found with manual
http://s018.radikal.ru/i507/1306/ee/a6e019aef949.jpg

P.S. Took my G72GX to official Asus service in Alamty because I had 63 degrees of GTX260M in idle, they rejected to replace thermal compound, saying that it's not compulsory to do :eek: so how can I trust my machine to those workers?

KiwiG75
06-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Do it yourself, it does not void your warranty.

Asus_G72GX
06-04-2013, 03:42 AM
So filters already installed from factory and it does not depends by model G75VW or G75VX? By the way I have asked some people from other forums, they said that spare filters were not included in kit? Maybe in my case this filters must be installed by user?

Asus_G72GX
06-04-2013, 03:44 AM
Do it yourself, it does not void your warranty.
Thanks! Is this exactly? I have noticed that on my G72 back cover all nuts covered in blue paint, so this means that only service allowed to access to back cover. Are screws in G75 covered in such paint?

Asus_G72GX
06-04-2013, 03:44 AM
And the last question what Asus recommends on thermal grease change? Is this procedure compulsory for G75? How frequently I should change thermal grease in Asus service? Thanks!

Pitcher@asus
06-04-2013, 05:48 AM
i think asus not recommend thermal change by userself.

KiwiG75
06-04-2013, 08:25 AM
The laptop will generally come with some spare filters, which you will never really need anyway. The ones in the laptop can just be brushed off or washed in soapy water. You may also consider cleaning the fan fins with a bit of paper.

There are only two screws on the back of the laptop and they can be removed without voiding your warranty - in fact ASUS recommends that you clean your fan filters once in a while in order to keep your warranty.

You should not need to change the thermal paste, if the laptop is overheating you should send it back to ASUS and they will fix it for you.