PDA

View Full Version : Just got an Asus G60V on craiglsit and the fan does not spin when I turn it on.

putamadre91
06-03-2013, 11:32 PM
As title said I just got this laptop and when I turn it on the fan will not spin. It boots and gets into windows but I am not using it since the copper pipe on the 260m is getting burning hot within a minute or two. The fan is plugged in correctly. I am only wondering if it is normal for this laptop as I heard that some laptops spin the fan only when the hardware is being used like in gaming(I know its not normal on other laptops but I never had an asus before so I thought maybe its just passive cooling until the computer actually gets into gaming). I will be ordering a new fan soon but want to make sure its the problem before buying it.

Pitcher@asus
06-04-2013, 02:12 AM
when you power up laptop, did you hear any fan sound?

chrsplmr
06-04-2013, 02:32 AM
It's not normal on any laptop.c.

putamadre91
06-04-2013, 04:18 AM
when you power up laptop, did you hear any fan sound?

Fan is not spinning at all, no sound, I took the cover off and I can see its not doing anything. Its dead I think. I have a few broken laptops with me so I will see if one of them has the same plug and test my known working spare fans. Hopefully its not the connector on the mobo itself as that would suck and I would have to wire the fan to elsewhere on the motherboard and hope not to short anything..... :/