PDA

View Full Version : My CPU temp is too high!

Pirayya
06-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, but I've been checking for posts about similar problems to mine but I've not found any. I bought this computer (the ASUS G75V) in december this year and I've been playing alot ever since I bought it :P
My problem is this, recently I thought the fans were working a bit to hard and the air from the back was VERY hot so I downloaded Speed Fan to check my CPU's and my GPU's temperature and it was then I started to get worried... The CPUs idle temperature varies alot, from 41 degrees celcius to 90 degrees (this is in idle, just using skype, Chrome and speed fan). When I play a game, the temperature sometimes reaches as much as 96 degrees, and the fans are working like crazy.
Is there anyone else who has the same kind of temperature problem as me? I've heard so much about the G75V and how superb it should be for gaming, but I've got low FPS in a game like Dota 2 when I've got the graphics on max, and the CPU is working like crazy.

I don't know what to post to give you more information but I will try my best to give you the feedback you need to help me with my problem, after all, it is my problem :P

majorwoody
06-05-2013, 11:51 PM
try remove the dust that might be in there and make your vent are clear

Djask
06-06-2013, 01:28 AM
As majorwoody said, you might have dust blocking the intake to your fans and also dust on the inside on the heatsink. Either way, be sure to check both, and use a can of compressed air to clean your computer.

Pitcher@asus
06-06-2013, 02:23 AM
please check your cooling system and clean it.

Pirayya
06-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Ok, I will try that, though I don't know really how, ehrm, anyone have a guide to safely remove the backlid or the lid under the computer?

HiVizMan
06-09-2013, 10:55 AM
First think I would do is buy a can of compressed air. Then blow the cooling vents clean with the compressed air.

Clintlgm
06-09-2013, 10:57 AM
I think this thread will get you there http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?14583-Upgrading-the-G75VW&country=&status= uTube has several video's on dissemble. once cover are removed I usually use a stick of some sort to prevent the fans from turning then blow out the heat sinks. you can damage the Fans if you don't prevent them for spinning excessively while you blow out the system.

Pirayya
06-10-2013, 02:54 PM
I will go and buy some compressed air and try this, I just finished a game session, I was playing Bioshock Infinite and the CPU got to 101 degrees celsius. I wont play anymore until I try to fix this.