PDA

View Full Version : DarthBeavis' New ROG LAN Build

DarthBeavis
08-06-2011, 06:16 PM
I decided I needed a new LAN rig as I am tired of lugging around Brimstone to LAN parties. Most of you know I normally use custom Danger Den cases which I still love dearly but this time I wanted to go back to my roots and mod a standard off the shelf case. After looking around I have selected the BitFenix Survivor:
http://www.homeserverland.com/legacy/6330.survivor_handle_thumb_70FBE3F2.jpg
The case theme will be . . .black and red of course for ROG. The first mod will be to cut a window. I will probably also create a radiator box which the case will either sit on or next to. Got a few really unique ideas along these lines that i do not want to share quite yet.
As for specs on the ASUS ROG mobo and GPU . . .stay tuned.

xeromist
08-07-2011, 03:04 AM
Cool, I was curious about this one after you posted it over on the PDXLAN forums. I think a bottom mounted rad box (maybe along the lines of Trident?) would be a good addition.

glenn with 2 n's
09-14-2011, 08:41 PM
heres an idea for you to go on that might interest you for this project,

to start off, this case looks great because it promotes function with a clean look and looks like it can give a great array of setups

i noticed how the side of the case has a border with the side panel set in, along with wanting to cut a window you could make a custom slim low profile fit in.
heres a quick over lay, (if i had autocad i would have went all out, but PAINT will have to do! :p)
then the concept would be like one of the liquid motion toys pictured below
haha the idea just poped into my head so hey hope it was helpful

Cyrekk
09-15-2011, 06:39 AM
Man, I am really excited to see what you pull off with that! BitFenix has some really cool products. Keep us posted!