PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G74SX- Strange Temperatures

TheBlackShogun
06-12-2013, 01:50 AM
Hey, I'm just here to asking a simple and general question about my laptop. No issues this time, I think.

I think it might just be my CPU needing to be repasted or something, but I've been monitoring my Processor tempuratures lately, and I've noticed something strange. Specifically, my GPU will almost never be working, whereas my Processor will almost always have higher temperatures than it, even while gaming.

Idling: Processor is 40-45 Celsius (Briefly jumps to 50 if I'm loading webpages or watching a web video.) . GPU is 35 and below.
Gaming: Processor can shoot up to 80 degrees celsius with some games, but mostly sits around 70C. GPU is usually around 60.

I'm not sure what to do about these temperatures, or even if I should worry about them. A little help?

JamesNgkk
06-12-2013, 03:23 AM
Hello,

What is your ambient temperature? Where i am coming from, the ambient temperature is usually around 29-31 Celsius. I just repasted and cleaned my G74SX 3 days ago and my laptop is about 1 and a half years old. My temps are around the same temps as yours. CPU will idle around 40-44 Celsius and my GPU idles at 38 Celsius. Same as the very day when i got my laptop brand new. Infact my GPU idles at a higher temp than yours unless i turn on my room's air conditioning.

I'm quite sure that nothing is wrong with those temps you are looking at now. If your ambient temp is much lower than where i am coming from, and you are looking at those temps, maybe your laptop is just dusty. Bring a compressed air canister and blow out the air intake underneath your monitor and then blow out the exhaust at the back of your laptop. If it still shows the same temps after that, you have nothing to worry about because those are the normal operating temps of my G74SX since unboxing it. And my laptop has never given me problems except for a dying power brick.

James.

TheBlackShogun
06-12-2013, 12:52 PM
My idle temperature gets around 35C for all of my cores, and when I'm using the internet or watching a movie (Not streaming), it's around 40-45C. The highest GPU temperature I think I saw was around 65C, while my Processors were around 75C.

During gaming, I was just concerned about the huge jump in temperature, since it would jump from like 35-70 or 80C under a minute. Thanks for your help though.