PDA

View Full Version : G75VW BBk5

Lov3Audio
06-14-2013, 05:47 AM
Hi guys I was just wondering what you all think about the G75VW BBK5, I just bought a G46VW and love it so much I have decided to buy a bigger version. Is the G75VW BBK5 worth buying used for $880's? Is there a big difference between the G75VW BBK5 and the newer model currently being sold at best buy? I don't know if I should buy it or buy the new best buy model, or just another G46VW..can anyone give me their opinion?

Clintlgm
06-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Well your comparing Apples with Oranges, G75 are very large notebooks, G46 are very small. If your going to buy new you might want to wait on the New Model G750 that are announced? As far as the Best Buy models look up the spec sheet for options on each model.

TokoDude
06-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Yes like Clintlgm said Wait for the G750 and buy that Notebook there’s a much bigger difference if you but that one.

tkolarik
06-16-2013, 08:12 PM
The Best Buy BBK5 first has the horrible sound card/speaker issue. Second, it has a lousy webcam compared to the other G75s, and lastly has a weak Wifi card that can do 802.11 n but not dual bands and not 40mhz signal width, so max wifi speed is 72.2. I own this model, and knew about the webcam and wifi before I bought it. But the speakers would have been a deal breaker for me, the sound is worse than my old $275 Gateway Atom Netbook.

Don't buy it and don't buy the newer one until quite a few others do first, and then read their posts, not the ones from paid reviewers!

Pikapichu
06-17-2013, 06:00 PM
My BBK5 is holding up pretty well. While the webcam issue is a shame, the soundcard and speakers aren't that bad. I'm not aware about the wifi card issue though. Video streams like twitch at 720p and other services like epix and maxgo run fine. Online games like SC2 and Diablo 3 run without a hitch.