PDA

View Full Version : Blu-ray Help Needed [solved]

SHADO
06-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Purchased a Blu-ray burner for my G75VW recently to replace the original optical drive. Finally got around to trying out my first Blu-ray movie today. Plays fine on the G75 display, but when I try to move the window to have it play on my second display (just a 19" 720p LCD table-top tv), I get a message that says something about not being able to play copy protected digital content on my second display via HDMI connection.

Am I hosed?

cl-Albert
06-14-2013, 11:29 PM
As far as I know, this should only be an issue with (much?) older displays that aren't HDCP compliant, so:

1. Confirm your external display isn't too old (and HDCP compliant?), or try another display if possible.
2. Try using the external display only if things aren't too fuzzy. I believe you will not be able to play the blu-ray movie on 2 displays simultaneously, so wondering if moving the window to the external monitor could be causing any problems with this.

Good luck!

SHADO
06-15-2013, 12:00 AM
Many thanks for your reply! Your suggestion solved my problem. If I move the window to the secondary display BEFORE the movie loads completely, the movie plays just fine on the secondary display. Now I can watch a movie and still use my laptop for other things at the same time.

Thanks again! :)

+ rep!

cl-Albert
06-15-2013, 01:00 AM
Glad to hear that helped and thanks for the feedback!