PDA

View Full Version : Can I use the latest version of GPU Tweak on my Old "GTX670-DC2-2GD5" ?

jojo_b2
06-17-2013, 02:15 AM
Hi,

This may sound as a weird question. But I just wanted to check if there is any issue installing the latest GPU Tweak version even though it's not listed on the official GTX 670 download page which only has the version 2.2.0.1 as the latest GPU Tweak. Picture Below.

but the current version I believe is ASUS GPU Tweak utility 2.3.9.2 version

Sorry for the noob question. It's just I don't mess around with my settings that much. Btw, I always update to the latest Nvidia official releases though. But GPU Tweak seems to be a bit more finicky with changes.

Btw, this might sound out of topic. But should I just leave GPU Tweak and go for another tweaker application.

I need something to control Fan. The GPU tweak can do it but every time I restart I need to set the setting again as it isn't save on the version I'm using. Aside from this. For some reason my PC crashes. Even though I just control fan speed. I don't get any problem If I leave GPU tweak alone after a reboot except for the hot 670 as the default setting is 10% fan speed even at 50 C. =(

B0UJI
06-17-2013, 07:30 AM
No problem using the latest. I believe you need to set "Apply Overclocking At Startup" for it to remember to set your fan setting and you need to have it set as a profile. But if it's just fan settings... MSI afterburner might be better.

HiVizMan
06-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Afterburner gets my vote. Set and forget with AB.

jojo_b2
06-18-2013, 03:34 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'll try it out! ;)

chris2u
06-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Another App you might like to try is Speedfan.
It allows you to control the speed of the fans with the temps of the CPU and/or the mobo .
You can set the preferred temps and fan speed range.
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php